OLTL Tribute Thread

• Members

to Amybrickwallace:   The show, I believe, went remote even back as far as Cathy Craig's storyline.    Scenes, unless I am mistaken, were filmed in Odyessy House n New York.

I am Andrea Evans's number one fan.   However, I preferred Karen Witter in the role of Tina.    (I did not care for Krista whatever-her-name-is in the role at all - and I waited six months before I formed my opinion).

Edited by danfling

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Actress Susan Anspach has passed away.   I cannot remember the name of her One Life to Live character, but I seem to recall that she was involved in some way with the character played by Granger Hines.   Can someone tell me who she played?

• Members

Did the Paris remotes have the actors speaking on location or were the outside scenes taped without dialogue eg just shots of the characters swanning around Paris? (maybe with voiceovers)

I ask because I always assumed they were full scenes with dialogue but have read that at the time that was extra expense and so they might have been 'beauty' shots only.

• Members

The 80's were full of location shoots - about one annually starting in 1984: 

Venice, Italy (1984)

Vienna, Austria (1985) - that one featured Jenny, David, Clint & Viki, et al.

Jamaica (1986) - Tina & Cord

Buenos Aries, Argentina (1987) - Tina, Cord, Kate, Maria, Max, Gabrielle

Arizona (1988) - The Old West "Time Travel" story

Austria (1989) - this time doubling as Mendorra

• Members

Those remotes - the snowy woods - were shot somewhere in New Jersey IIRC.  There were a few, shorter-term remotes in that era of OLTL - like Alex trying to drown Cassie in the lake, the memorable AIDS Quilt episodes, and Tina's escapade to New York (where she went to get a SO-not-needed-"makeover"-because-let's-face-it-she's-fricken-Karen-Witter).

• Members

There's no record of it for her. She was married to Mark Goddard (of the original Lost in Space), who played Ted Clayton on OLTL in 1981 - though they had divorced three years prior to his time on the show. That's the only way I could find, at least so far, on record to connect her to OLTL.

I also found a full cast credit page for an OLTL episode with Grainger Hines as Brian Beckett, from 1984. Unfortunately, she's not on it: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2244161/fullcredits?ref_=tt_cl_sm#cast

I do remember that Brian worked at Lord-Manning and became a rival against Bo for Didi - I think that's where most of his story centered. He came in the later part of 1984, and was gone by 85 (he never made it to the new opening credits). So his time on the show wasn't too long, if that narrows anything down. 

Edited by YurSoakinginit