OLTL Tribute Thread

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

There are multiple times in the 80's and 90's when Landview-ites seem to have forgotten that Dorian was a doctor.  Nobody ever asks for her medical expertise, she never delivers a baby under emergency circumstances, and she never seems to want to keep up with her medical knowledge.  I have hazy memories of Dorian on the hospital board.  However, I wonder why after her careers as a diplomat, talk show host and, newspaper publisher, Dorian never sought to get her license back?

• Members

I could've sworn she did get it back and was at Llanview Hospital again, however briefly, in the early 2000s in a lame "Rear Window"-esque story set there involving illegal organ transplants with Michael McBain and Marcie Walsh. It was around then they began having her loudly tout her medical credentials more often.

• Members

I only saw a few clips, but I thought it was regressive and made Dorian look bad (as it did when they revived the feud for no good reason in 1996). Was this the time she had Viki put in a car trunk or something, or was that another one?

• Members

Yes but, I can think of multiple times when people around Dorian faked pregnancies, brain injuries, and paternity tests with no medical inquiry from Dr. Lord.  She seemed to have no expertise when it came to reading lab reports about either David or Blair.  Also, I don't recall that she ever mentioned being in Med School during her affair with David Renaldi or even when discussing why she didn't raise Cassie.  

BTW it drives me nuts that writers re-used names like David within one character's history.  Think of how many guys named John, Charles, or Paul moved to Landview over the years.

Edited by j swift

• Members

The first time I heard Dorian (Robin Strasser) mention that she was a doctor was when she and Cassie had that run-on the staircase at Llanfair, Cassie's fall leading to her miscarriage.  IIRC, they did mention her being a doctor during the DID s/l.  She flexed some of her medical knowledge later on.  I totally forget who it was, Todd, Patrick, (someone involved with Blair) who needed an operation.  Dorian consulted with a doctor friend, telling Blair that the procedure was going to cost, "a quarter of a million."

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Been watching some of oltl on YouTube.  I was amazed at the difference in AE's acting from her first stint (78 to 81) and her second sting (when she first came back in 85..she was more serious and less flighty then in the later 80s which surprised me).

I also was amazed at how much I enjoyed her replacement karen Witter in the part....her Tina was less flighty (save for when she started in 1990) and somewhat less selfish then AE's which is why I don't get how when KT debuted that Tina regressed to levels of low intelligence again (though I did like the few times when KT played Tina more serious that I thought what could have been).

Oddly...I also loved how when AE came back in 2008 and 2011 that she effortlessly played well against Blair, Cain, and David vickers...characters her replacement played opposite.