OLTL Tribute Thread

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I thought he was only around until Tracy's exit. Thanks for finding that.

Here is the story which helped hook me on OLTL (through Daytime to Remember - I think I was always more hooked on the past than the present).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4FI5lg3Wvxg&playnext=1&list=PLE55C930AE84998B3

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qs6YS4F-RQ0&feature=related

• Members

My favorite opening and closing of OLTL. I did like the Peabo Bryson version but this was my favorite...I know the majority hated it.

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/EYpT662hSbg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/kWDJH2nlPgY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

• Members

Life in Llanview circa April 76

Llanview's newest nightspot, Tony's Place, is set to open in a few weeks. The club's owner, and namesake, is radiating with happiness and enthusiasm. He can't believe it, but the moment has finally arrived. There's only one thing missing, the woman who gave him the confidence and guts to continue with the project won't be there to share the moment with him. Cathy Craig will not go back to Tony unless he changes the terms of their relationship; Tony, seeking permanence in his wife, will not back down fro his marriage or nothing stand. It's sad because they still feel deep love for each other and it's only the arch-villain pride which keeps them apart.

Tony's club is not the only thing he has born. He has also fathered a child and it's Pat's deep, dark secret that Tony is Brian's real daddy -- and it's a secret that's getting harder and harder to keep. She sees the developing friendship between Brian and Tony and wonders how much longer it will be before Tony starts noticing the resemblance between him and Brian. Pat knows she has to tell Tony but she has yet to find the strength to do so.

It's a rather ordinary afternoon in the life of Llanview's Lanasheen Lady, Wanda Wolek. She has brought her little black bag over to Cathy's house to show the young woman the latest cosmetic innovations from the Lanasheen Corporation. The time is being passed rather pleasantly until... like a clap of thunder the air vibrates with a bellowing: "What's going on here?" Wanda knows -- all too well -- who this bellow belongs to and she's not at all surprised to see Vinny standing in the corner of the room. She knows how Vinny feels about women working -- especially his woman -- and she's been living in constant fear about her "little career" being discovered; but now that it's out in the open she feels nothing but relief. Wanda knows the time has come to fight for what she wants.

It's going to be a loud "Kick-in-the-gut-aim-for-the-jugular" sort of fight but Wanda hopes to win it. She knows she's not the sort of woman who can just dawdle around the home. In fact, she now has the chance to trade in her Lanasheen bag for a more prominent position as an assistant manager at Tony's restaurant. Tony's still holding the job open for her saying she's the only one who can handle it.

Vinny Sees the Light

It may be hard to believe but Vinny has backed down from his "my wife will never work" position. Wanda knows exactly what buttons to push to open her husband's eyes to reality. She tells him that, whether he wants to believe it or not, they need the extra income. Vinny relents and Wanda accepts the job as assistant manager at Tony's club.

Opening Night at Tony's Place

It has finally happened. The dream has become a reality. Tony's Place has opened to the public. Opening night is a glittery, gala affair. Tony is quite pleased and happy to see such a large turnout for, what he feels is the greatest triumph in his life. The moment is made equally memorable by the appearance of the Lord party -- headed by none other than the man himself, Victor! It can't be put into words the joy Tony feels when he sees his father walk in the door.

But into everyone's life -- and memorable moments -- a little rain must fall, and in Tony's case this rain came in the appearance of Cathy Craig, and her date, Peter Janssen. Jealousy runs rampart in Tony's soul when he sees the interest Cathy expresses in her date.

Dorian Does Her Thing

Dorian's wickedness seems to be working overtime. She seems to be trying to win the Gold Medal in the "Terrible Trickster" competition. She sees Tony and Victor trying to reach out towards one another and she fabricates a story destined to keep them apart. Poor, trusting Victor believes Dorian when she says he has high blood pressure and any undue excitement might be damaging to his health. (He wanted to see Tony to apologize for leaving his opening night bash so abruptly). Dorian orders Victor to rest and says she'll bring Tony a note of apology.

But she does no such thing, all she brings to Tony's Place is the same story she laid on Victor. Tony knows Dorian all too well and he takes this story with a grain of salt. He decides to got o Llanfair to see for himself.

Pat couldn't do it. She couldn't tell Tony that he's Brian's father. This torturous secret still remains locked in her soul.

Devious Dorian's Deeds Unveiled

Tony's sick and tired of Dorian's games. He feels it's about time that Victor got her number. He barges into Llanfair and tells Chapin he's not leaving until he sees his father. It's not a long wait. Victor dresses in a flash when he learns Tony is downstairs in the library.

It's a warm and serene moment between father and son but it doesn't last too long. The mood changes when Tony learns Dorian never game him the note of apology Victor told her to write. Tony then finds it necessary to let his father know about the countless other ways Dorian tried to keep them apart. Tony finishes his "enlightening talk" with this zinger: "Dorian knew long before you did that I was your son. She and Matt McCallister worked together to keep this information from you." Tony tells his father if he doesn't want to believe him, he can check what he just said with Chapin, Matt or Dorian, herself.

When Tony leaves, Victor checks out his story with Chapin. Much to his dismay, he learns that Tony's words are true. Victor then places calls to his lawyer and Matt McCallister. Neither one of them are there, but Victor leaves word that it's most urgent he talk to them.

Victor Collapses

Victor's never to speak with these people for his talk with Dorian has disastrous consequences. Victor was half hoping that she would deny all charges, but instead his darling wife admits everything adding: "You want the truth, here's the truth. Yes, I did know before you that Tony was your son. I didn't tell you because I consider him a threat. I knew I'd be tossed out in the cold if you ever found your son. I only married you for something I vowed to attain when I was discharged from the staff of the hospital: money, power, and position!" These words are too much to bear. A pained look crosses Victor's face as he stumbles, then collapses on the couch.

Victor and Dorian Fight for Their Lives

Victor is brought to Llanview Hospital suffering from a massive stroke. He's the latest casualty of Dorian's savage mouth. It's his wife's powerful, truthful words which, spoken only moments before, cause his blood pressure to skyrocket and the stroke to occur.

Dorian hopes to the heavens that Victor doesn't come out of the coma. She knows if Victor opens his eyes, it's all over for her. Dorian doesn't look forward to returning to a life lacking in position, wealth, and power.

Little Miss Evil-Doer has been covering her tracks rather well. When Victor's friends and family question how the stroke occurred, Dorian puts the whole blame on Tony. She says when she returned to Llanfair, she saw Victor was in a very agitated state. He told her he just met with Tony. She didn't have a chance to say but three words to him, when Victor collapsed on the couch.

Tony Suffers Regrets

Though Tony doesn't buy Dorian's words completely, he knows he can't prove otherwise. Dorian's too crafty and sly to leave any open spaces in which he can see the truth (the damning truth, that she's responsible for Victor's stroke!) Even though Tony doesn't hold himself initially to blame, he still feels regrets over opening his big mouth in the first place.

Even in the worst of situations some good can emerge, and in this case it's the reuniting of two lovers. Cathy hears about Tony's guilt-ridden state and rushes to his side. Tony's glad to have his woman back and they spend the afternoon in bed reconciling.

Jenny Starts Her New Life

Peter gets through the thick shell of mourning Jenny has encased herself in and pushes her back into life. He offers her a job as a nurse at the free clinic and Jenny accepts.

Another one of Peter's friends is also going to be working at the clinic. Dorian has joined the staff as a doctor.