OLTL Tribute Thread

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

The writing here is so one-sided I had to finally just start laughing by the second clip. Clint is so overbearing/stupid while poor Sloan loves Viki so much he's keeling over!

I just see no chemistry between Viki/Sloan - it's all so plot-driven.

The best part of this business is Elaine Princi. I hated Dorian existing only to move the plot for Viki/Sloan/Clint, but Elaine plays the role in a glossy way that makes it less off-putting. Robin didn't really play it this way and I can see why she got fed up with it so quickly.

Edited by CarlD2

• Members

Even I was surprised when Dorian busted out the spy camera. :lol: The show feels so much more sophisticated and adult. The zany elements are better balanced than now. And you gotta love that early '90s primetime sax. From what I gather it seems like EP had really found her Dorian when she was let go.

"Hell! I was gonna play a tape!" :lol:

"Will you turn that damn music of!?" :lol:

• Members

Her Dorian is very different from Robin's. That's why I don't agree with the idea that she is "Robin Lite." It's the same demons and relationships, but a very different take on them. For instance I don't know if the whole who killed Victor? saga would have been the same with Elaine, but I also don't think Robin would have been as adept at selling Dorian as a newspaper publisher or some of the Blair/Addie saga.

• Members

I don't think RS is partiularly good at soft and pink moments like when Dorian first discovered *Agatha* was alive. There was something very vulnerable and almost sweet the way Elaine played the shock and fear. RS is very steely in those kinds of moments. She always contends that Dorian is too afraid to be vulnerable as she may unravel like her sisters and she even talked about this on the hotline when she'd heard than EP "cried a lot" as Dorian. Did she really cry all that much?

• Members

Glad you read. I love Fiona's work as Gabrielle - I'm so glad for Youtube as my only memories otherwise would have been that unfortunate second run. I still hope they might bring her back at the end.

The only time I saw that was when she learned Addie was alive but otherwise no; perhaps a few times when Cassie was having a breakdown in 1991, but not much. Generally she didn't get that type of material.

• Members

Fiona is one of daytime's most underrated actresses in history. This woman SELLS whatever she is given. I cannot tell you how much I love Fiona (and Gabrielle). Her and Andrea's friendship was so cool to read about. And their chemistry onscreen was off the hook. Dare I say I enjoyed them more than even Strasser and Slezak.

• Members

I guess it helps that they were together a shorter time and had less chance for weak writing.

I did love Gabriella/Tina, at least with Evans in the role. The baby swap lie they were in on was a high point.

I wonder if they're friends now.