OLTL Tribute Thread

• Members

CarlD2 - Thanks for posting that interview with Strasser. She is my absolute favorite and I see so much of Dorian with Strasser as she is described here, though amplified. For all of her strength, the vulnerability is also evident, which makes her a fascinating character.

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

It was so weird seeing Viki tend bar. I thought Paris Texas was the only time she worked like that. Now we know why she was so good dealing with the truckers in Texas. She had this little experance at the White Lion. I actually can see that Niki would have been a great bartender. I wish they would have done that story sometime.

• Members

Mazel tov Judy! I saw her on stage about ten years ago in Hedda Gabler. Now did Agnes write any of her stuff on OLTL or was Judith just thanking Agnes for OLTL in general when Agnes got that SOD award?

• Members

This may be a common photo and I missed it, i don't know. I scanned it anyway, as I like the image of Nancy Pinkerton and her portrait, as Robin Strasser's portrait became such a critical part of her time on OLTL in the 93-00 run (not sure if Elaine or Claire had a portrait). I sometimes wonder if they just stuck a head on a body in Nancy's era - this portrait reminds me of the Angelique portrait from DS and the Rae Woodard portrait from RH.

Don't you think she looks a bit like Jacquie Courtney in that portrait?

This was in Bryna Laub's Soap Opera Annual.

76SoapOperaAnnual001.jpg

Edited by CarlD2

• Members

Carl, you find the BEST stuff! Again, something I thought I'd always have to leave to imagination. Apparently, Dorian threw a big party and unveiled this portrait, replacing the one of Eugenia that had always hung there before. IIRC, Erika said that Viki had been in some accident and was paralyzed and she made her dramatic return at this party, stealing Dorian's thunder as she descended the stairs at Llanfair in a flowing white gown. In the 25th anniversary episode, Viki references "that caricature!" with which Dorian replaced her mother's portrait.

Edited by SFK

• Members

Oh good, I'm glad it wasn't already out there. When I first saw it I thought, "SFK will love this." And other Nancy Dorian fans (if we can be a fan of someone we have seen a 30 second clip of). I remember the story about Viki upstaging Dorian, but I'd forgotten the portrait went that far back.

I hope we might get to see this in color, or even <gasp> a clip, someday. It sounds like brilliant soap.

I love Nancy's facial expression as she stands by the fireplace. It is in many ways the essence of Dorian, even now.

• Members

Megan learns that Viki is her mother. That scene doesn't quite work (throw the lotion bottle in rage!), but the first scene between Viki and Megan post-reveal is phenomenal, so understated and beautifully acted. Remember when Viki had children who were worth a damn?

• Members

Does anyone know if Robin Strasser ever had her portait done for Llanfair? I mean when she first came on. I saw the old scenes from that time and it looks like by then they just did without the photo hanging over the mantal. I know she did a beutiful one decades later when Robin came back to town in the 1990's and bought "La Boulie" but i just wondered if they ever did one for Llanfair to replace Nancy Pinkerton's one. (thanks CarlD BTW. I never saw it before either.)