OLTL Tribute Thread

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Didn't Pam Long create Lindsay rappaport as well?  I think she was the one to have Lindsay and Clint marry..and it was a promising story....then all of a sudden..they broke up..and I wonder if the sudden shift in Lindsays character had to do with Pam Long leaving..and Jill being the defacto headwriter?

• Members

There's a big gray area at ABC for 1999... McTavish was ghost-writing OLTL for some period of time, while she was still being credited as HW of All My Children - a return stint that, btw, featured what I'd describe as some of her most idiotic work. What started it all was that, though they tried to keep it all quiet, Agnes Nixon returned to AMC after an acrimonious split from the network in late 97. (There was even a tonal shift you could see on-screen, that made you think "this is McTavish?) We knew there was no way that McT and Nixon were working together at that time, and from the looks of things, Nixon had likely been back as early as February. 

When word leaked about the changes at AMC, ABC confirmed it, but went out of their way to say that McTavish had not been fired - and that she was "consulting" for other programs. Her name came off the AMC credits around May of 1999. A couple of months later, they officially announced her as the new HW of OLTL. I think her name started appearing on OLTL's credits late-Summer to September at latest... It's open for interpretation what McTavish was doing in the Spring & early Summer, but my guess would be OLTL.

• Members

AMEN. Gabrielle will ALWAYS be Max's one true love to me. 

Yes, I'm pretty sure PL created Lindsay.

And, to be honest, even though I like Nora overall, I have always more or less liked Lindsay. I LOVED the story where she went to Statesville, and she and Allison Perkins were trying to figure out how to escape together. 

• Members

And the entire idea was a flop. Viki and Dorian, themselves were still in their prime and very vital, so needed faux carbon copies?

It reminds me of when Little House on the Prairie tried to replicate the success of Laura and Nellie with Jenny Wilder and Nancy Oleson. UGH is the word.

• Members

I always saw both Dorian and Viki as strong women, their feud didn't seem to diminish either of them too much (I watched from the mid90s to the end). Nora and Lindsay though, to me, made Nora seem weak and Lindsay seem crazy. Probably didn't help that they had ridiculous stories between them, Nora trying to give Bo a replacement child blah blah.

Edited by GH_Girl

• Members

The first months of lindsay's stint.. both didn't like each ither..and would interact on occasion..shading one another.

There was a scene after Lindsay found out that Blair was sleeping with sam..when she said that at least with Nora..she could understand why he would go for her...and he gave her a surprised look..and she quickly said she didn't like it, but understood why he was with Nora.

To me..it seemed once Pam Long left...Nora and Lindsay's interaction went dark and toxic.  Another scene during PL's brief stint had Nora congratulating lindsay on marrying Clint..but pointing out to her that she isn't Vicki..indicating Lindsay was second choice..and Lindsay responded by agreeing and then saying unlike her, I made my move and got him to marry her.  

• Members

Marcy Walker never appeared as her All My Children character Liza Colby on One Life to Live, did she?  I know that Michael E. Knight and David Canary had crossover stints on OLTL as Tad Martin and Adam Chandler, respectively.  Both Tad and Adam were heavily involved with Liza on AMC.