AMC Tribute Thread

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

So I was watching some AMC and came Across a confusing situation, Brooke's Daughter Laura, I thought she died when she was a little kid back in the 1980's??? But later On She has a teenage daughter also called Laura who didn't seem to age?? She Was a Teen in 1997 and later again 2000 going to school with Bianca (And Leo And Greenlee were supposed to be teens too?) 

Also Was Laura their initial Choice for Bianca's Love interest???? Felt a bit like a prototype Frankie/Maggie, Friends and Lovers.

Sorry to bother but Anyone remembers Bianca's Full Love Life??? How many love interests did she have

Any Help will be appreciated 

• Members

Brooke's daughter Laura was killed by a drunk driver while playing in their front yard (later in an odd turn of events Brooke briefly dated Elliot, the man who drove the car that killed Laura).

Years later, Janet encountered a young woman named Laura Kirk, whom Brooke took in as a sort of foster daughter.  Laura had been s.a.-ed by Jim (who Brooke also briefly dated).  Laura later needed an organ transplant (supplied by Ryan's dead wife Gillian) and Brooke begged Leo to break up with Greenlee in order to give Laura the will to live.  Leo and Greenlee were both supposed to be slightly older than Laura, (they didn't go to school together, she went to high school with Scott) although she was recast and her age became more amorphous.  Laura was exclusively in romantic relationships with men, and part of her character was that she was obsessed with certain men, so I don't think she would have been paired with Bianca. 

In terms of Bianca's lovers, I can't recall them all, but some highlights would have been Zarf, the trans musician, and an Easter European scientist whose name escapes me, but someone will surely remember.

Edited by j swift

• Members

Thanks!!!! 

Is they lady you don’t recall by any chance Lena?

On Laura I had the impression Binx had a Crush on her but didn't see enough to determine it was mutual, so by mention I know there was This Sarah girl from Rehab, Frankie and Maggie, Some Lady Bianca Slept with while on Rebound, And This Zarf Guy who was supposed to be a transgender Lesbian??? Can't get more messy than that

Please register in order to view this content

Reese Williams who's Tamara Braun I knew her pity they wrote her off AND Marissa who came out outta nowhere 

AND Lena

• Members

Yes Lena.

@robbwolff Do you recall if Elliott as the drunk driver turned reverend was a retcon?  Because I recall a friend of Tom, (possibly from AA?), was the driver who killed Laura.  And Tom's conflict between his friend and Brooke as being the cause of their divorce. 

Or maybe Elliott didn't kill Laura but he just had a prior history of drunk driving?

I don't remember all of the sorted details of the poor romantic choices Brooke made.

• Members

They were absolutely flirting with testing Laura Allen's Laura and Bianca early on. I thought they had very good chemistry frankly; LA had a unique energy onscreen as a sporty jock, was not convincing with men, and her subsequent role after they moved her away from Bianca as a spoiler for Leo and Greenlee was embarrassing and terrible.

AFAIK, Lena and Bianca's kiss was the first lesbian kiss on daytime. It was very heavily hyped and Eden Riegel and Olga Sosnovska were a hot topic among a considerable portion of the audience for a moment in time. There was a lot of media coverage. I didn't think the story was very good but I understood the hype. But AMC didn't value Sosnovska/Lena at all and let her walk, because while they recognized how much of a huge favorite Eden and Bianca were with the audience and wanted to keep using her heavily in story, they also wanted to de-sexualize her as much as possible at that time - hence raping her, reducing her to a brood mare for pregnancy and children, and revolving her storylines largely around her child by a man rather than romance. This was also far from the last time LGBT storylines on daytime have largely revolved around a gay character having sex with a hetero partner and having a baby with them (Fish on OLTL, Will on DAYS) or simply having baby stories that could easily be given to str8 characters that have no sexual content (Brad and Lucas' baby switch, GH). It's what American daytime is most comfortable doing with them, fitting them into a str8 story mold.

Reese was a waste of potential, and I feel bad for both Eden and Tamara. They could've done the messy bisexual storylines they'd plotted there down the road (including, it was rumored, Bianca sleeping with Ryan to get revenge on Reese!) without sabotaging Bianca's new romance immediately.

Elliot was Josh Waleski. He'd changed his name.

Edited by Vee

• Members

This all brought up a ton of Tom Cudahy questions

Was Josh a friend of Tom?  And why didn't Tom recognize him (maybe Tom was too far backburnered to be part of that story?)  Because I thought it was Tom's neer-do-well friend Gil who killed Laura.

Is this timeline correct?  Brooke left Tom, while pregnant with Laura's because Tom slept with Erica, moved to New York, began a relationship with Mark, then returned to Pine Valley, had an affair with Giles, then Laura died?

At what point did Ellen Dalton take over The Chateau and did Tom only own the Goalpost and The Disco (were they in the same building)?  Also, I guess the Goalpost was never re-built after the bomb that killed Laurel?

• Members

I can answer some of this.

Laura's death was in 1988, while Brooke was married to Adam. Most of the events in your timeline appear to be from 1984-85. If I'm not mistaken, it's Tom, Mark, Giles and Adam.

I could be wrong, but I'm going to assume that Ellen took over The Chateau after Nick Davis left. I believe the place was originally his.

Laurel did not die from a bomb at The Goalpost. I don't believe The Goalpost was still around in 1995 (the last clips I've seen it in are from approximately 1989-90). Janet had originally planned to have a bomb go off at Laurel and Trevor's wedding (this was rewritten in response to Oklahoma City). Laurel was instead shot during a taping of The Cutting Edge.

• Members

THANK YOU FOR ALL THE INFO!!!! I'm also really sorry they lost those huge opportunities with Reese, but for me the only guy I could see Binx bedding was Leo none other, If they had her with Ryan I would hate him to tears for bedding all the Kane Women

Please register in order to view this content

Also confirmed Binx First Love was Indeed Sarah

So The List Goes like This So Far:

Sarah

Crush on Laura

Frankie

Maggie 

Zarf/Zoe

Leslie (The Rebound sex)

REESE

Marissa (I also hear some hoped for her and Babe???)

Also DID BIANCA EVER CONFESS HER CRUSH TO LAURA???? OR SHE NEVER KNEW??