AMC Tribute Thread

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I still have this episode on tape somewhere, my high school friend set the VCR for me that morning. Susan and Joan Rivers were friends, Joan must’ve gifted Susan that costume jewelry from her line.

I loved how Live! would have soap stars on. I kind of feared that nobody at home other than a select few of us knew who the hell they were, but that was pretty naive given the targeted daytime audience. Some soap actors I remember appearing on the show: Ruth Warrick, Julia Barr, Robin Strasser, Linda Dano, Erika Slezak, Jacklyn Zeman, Rudolf Martin…

• Members

Yes, soaps were a big part of daytime way back when so it was always nice to see soap actors appear on talk shows. These days, outside of The Talk cross promoting their soap lineup and Kelly having one of her friends like Finola on, it's rare to see soap stars as talk show guests.

• Members

I just dug myself deep into a hole of reminiscing and ended up reading all 45 pages of the ABC finale thread from September 2011. Guys, how is it that over 11 years have passed, and I still miss this show as much as we all did the first week after it left the air?

In the midst of all of the going-nowhere speculation that we've had in regards to reboots and what-not, whenever I think of "What would they be doing in Pine Valley now?" my mind still imagines All My Children being shot on tape with three cameras in New York City with a cast of 25 or more contract players, broadcast on network television against the backdrop of lunchtime sunshine and underscored by tweeting birds and the mail truck passing by outside. Now that it's all but confirmed that we will never get our show back, I'm not mad at the fact that this is how I will always remember it.

• Members

Lately I've daydreamed a little about GH giving the public a little reunion and Catching Up on Llanview and Pine Valley especially on the 60th Anniversary, wish they would make it a Real Big Event and have Viki, Dorian, Natalie (I wanted Jessica too but She played on GH as a different character not that Long Ago), Blair, Todd, Skye, Erica, Kendall, Bianca and Her Brat, Maria, Brooke, Janet meeting Heather lol etc. But I know that's Asking Too Much

• Members

@All My Shadows 

Please register in order to view this content

@Joseph Once upon a time, ABC would preempt their late afternoon programming with after school specials. I don’t know what it would take logistically and things ended on such a sour note with ABC, but I would love to see a Friday episode of GH replaced with the occasional AMC and OLTL reunions. It’s hard to cram much into an hour. Even better would be a streaming week long special like Beyond Salem.

• Members

Came across this puzzling article from 

The Times Herald

23 Dec 1993, Thu  • 

It seems this person has fooled a journalist into buying that he got a job on AMC.

A Lexington actor is diving into the tempestuous sea of TV soaps. Ernest Werth, 31, has snared the role of Payne Cortland, the unsavory-but-suave "nephew" of multimillionaire Palmer Cortland, on the ABC soap opera All My Children. "They want to bill me as a suave hunk," Mr. Werth said. "Payne is going to waltz in from Europe as this nasty guy with a slight accent I'll come across nice, but my character is definitely not a nice guy." He expects to move to New York City in February. Payne Cortland will insinuate himself into the fictional setting of Pine Valley at the end of April. Before then, Mr. Werth must add 20 pounds. He also will trade his first name for his mother's maiden name. He will be Spencer Werth in the credits.Mr. Werth auditioned for the role last summer. The casting director later told him that she had known at first sight he would be perfect. He studied acting at UCLA, St. Clair County Community College, Northern Michigan University and Macomb Community College. He has written, directed and produced plays for the Main Street Players in Port Huron. In January, the troupe will perform his play, Hypothetical. "I love acting, but instead of working three jobs and adding acting to my schedule, it will be my only job," said Mr. Werth, who now works at Main Street Bridal Salon in Port Huron. Word of his success is spreading. A woman recently approached him at the grocery store and asked him to autograph her cat litter bag. "My mom, Almeda, is a little reluctant about this," he said. "But my dad, Raymond, is excited. It's his favorite soap opera."

• Members

AMC aired from 1985 to 1992 (1980-1985 US episodes). It was placed at 2,30 pm after the successfull Guiding Light, replacing GH (moved to a morning slot). It had loyal fans, but it didn't become a hit tv show. From 1989 they reduced the lenght of every episode (half a day) and moved the soap in less favorable time slots. 

In 1991 Ruth Warrick was interviewed by a reporter while she was doing AMC for an afternoon tv show.

Ironically, Loving (it started in 1986 on another network at 1,30 pm) was huge in Italy. Actors were often invited to appear in afternoon and primetime tv shows).