AMC Tribute Thread

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

There was no reason for Liza to return to the show, in my opinion. In the first weeks that she did return, the show seemed to be headed to a Lisa-Tad-Dixie triangle. That did not last very long. I could never accept that she would like Adam Chandler. To me, she was, by then, a useless character.

Alfred had a sister for a short period. Her name was Alma. I know that she worked in the bank. I suspect that she was a co-worker of Sean Cudahy.

• Members

I love show with large casts, and All My Children had a large cast in those days.

I don't remember a lot about Vera. I know that she was played by Grace Garland. I remember more about the character that Vanessa Bell played. (I am not sure if this is the same person as the singer Vanessa Bell Calloway.)

I do remember a news co-anchor at the television stations (WPNV?). He worked with Brooke, and he was used for comedy. I did not really like him, but I remember him.

My favorite character of this type was Freddie. He was played by Freddie P'cello (sure I misspelled his name). He was seen frequently as the m'atrie d at the Chateau. He never really had a storyline until the murder of Eddie Dorance by Claudette. He then was used as a witness about the crime. After that was over, he was never seen again. I think that he could have had more storyline to do, although the actor may have asked that he not be given dramatic scenes.

Greg had an uncle one time played by Iggy Wolfington. I think that the show was going to give him a romance with Myrtle, but nothing ever really developed.

I adored the actor who played Ellen's father Harlan. He and Kate would probably have been paired eventually, but Kay Campbell (Kate) was killed in an automobile accident.

I remember the second husband of Edna, Hank Ferguson.

I never cared for the Kurt and Leora storyline, although Liz Mckay was a good actress.

There was a character who was introduced. I think that she was one of several attempts to come between Jesse and Angie. I cannot remember her name. I want to say that she was a rookie police officer.

I liked the original Wally McFadden and have often wondered what became of the actor. The third Wally was also good, but he just did not seem to be his character (much as the third Nina did not catch on as Nina).

There was some girl who was released from prison and befriended by Tom Cudahy. I thought that story should have been continued.

Mr. Fawcett, who played Sean Cudahy, was one of the best new actors in daytime drama. When he returned to the show, though, he was given very little to do. He just had no good storylines during that time.

I loved Trisha Pursey. It seemed for a time that she was to be paired with Dr. Chuck Tyler. I was routing for that pairing. I did not like it, though, when they paired Devon with Dr. Lynn Carson.

I loved the friendship between Bonnie McFadden and Stuart Chandler. Bonnie should have been brought back into the storyline and continued that friendship. (David Canary had chemistry with all of his co-stars, particularly when he was playing Stuart!)

Mark Dalton and Sybil Thorne dated briefly, but it was never serious.

• Members

Her first without question. Greg and Jenny wouldn't be "Greg and Jenny" without Liza. Everyone who remembers their story (and this is basically everyone who watched in the early 80s) remembers Liza just as much. In the 90s and beyond it is debatable if she even starred in a memorable story, let alone one as iconic as Jenny and Greg's.

• Members

Yvonne Caldwell was the singer[Vanessa Bell Calloway] Yvonne had a son Derek, and a troublemaking sister, Diane.

Vera Vanderbilt[Grace Garland] was a "hostess" that gave Jesse advice that he didn't always listen to.

Bryan Sanders[Curt May] worked w/ Brooke, and he was definitely comic relief.

Freddie O'Malley[Fred Porcelli]was the maitre'd for many years.

The Horace Willoughby[Don Keefer] Enid Nelson's brother didn't last long. I didn't know about Myrtle.

Harlan Tucker[William Griffis] Ellen's father romanced Mona, as well.

Hank Ferguson[Jay Devlin] married Edna.

Sean Cudahy[Alan Dysert ] was seriously wasted in his second run. At least he got to romance Cecily and Bitsy Davidson.

Karen Smith[Jennifer Leigh Warren], a singer, and Lt. Syd Weber[Lisa Howard] were rivals for Angie over the years for Jesse's attention.

How about these:

Danielle Ferrer[Dolly Fox] played young Erica in Raising Kane.

Mary Georgia[Geraldine Court] who thought her son Bob was too good for Hillary.

Jewell Maniscalco{Christine Baranski, Matthew Cowles' real life wife} as Billy Clyde's girlfriend.

I have Iggy Wolfington as someone else, but I have to look through my notebook.

Edited by slick jones

• Members

These were just uploaded to YouTube: how Liza found out in 1999 that Adam was really Colby's father, not Jake.

The backstory to set up these scenes: Colby's cord blood cells had been saved (improbable considering that she was delivered in a cabin by David, and not at a hospital, but whatever), and Liza and Jake agreed to donate them for an experimental therapy for Dimitri. Adam was afraid testing on the cells would confirm he was the father, so he switched Colby's sample with another sample, and Liza finally figured that out. She was furious and was prepared to confront Adam over it. David had reached the end of his patience with Adam, and after months of threatening to go public with the news that Adam was really Colby's father, David swore that the next person who walked into the room would hear the truth - and that person happened to be Gillian.

• Members

Jay Devlin, who played Hank Ferguson, began on the soap operas as one of the men who sat in the lounge that Jumbo owned on Ryan's Hope.

He was one of Jack's old, good friends.

He was also on at least one commercial.

I had gotten mixed up (which often happens).

I was thinking that Edmund was the uncle of Greg. I am not sure who he was, now.