AMC Tribute Thread

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Not sure why it's labeled 1999 since that is actually the 2000-2001 Crystal Ball photo, as you pointed out. I love your descriptions of everyone, but Greenlee's claws were most definitely out at the Crystal Ball that year! She outed Bianca to Donald Steele. :) It's sad that Dixie's poodle 'do was actually one of her better looks. 2001 was such an awkward year. I know they had some writing changes, and it felt like they just weren't sure what to do with everyone.

• Members

Pat was a huge presence in Angie's life back then, which is why it felt so glaring that they didn't bring her back when Jesse & Angie returned.

I have no idea how far they wanted to go with Angie & Jeff or why Jeff was written out. I really liked that actor and thought they could've done more with him.

I've never been a fashion expert, but I think Hillary's hair at least was the popular style in the late 1980s. The country look was popular around the time of Urban Cowboy, which I believe was at least 6-7 years before this, so I don't know why they put her in that outfit.

I loved how Brooke called out Skye & Hillary on not being professional in the workplace. How far AMC had fallen by the time the Fusion girls were having office catfights and pole dances!

• Members

I like the corporate relationships too - yes there's juvenile behavior in the workplace (here, and later with Barbara and Hilary) but at least there is a pretense of professionalism.

Did you see the episode from later in 1987 where there was another actor playing Jeff and they seemed to be hinting at a Jeff/Hillary/Mitch triangle? I also put it in the recasts thread. I never knew there was another Jeff in 1987.

You're right about Hillary's hair. I think it's hair + outfit that throw me...

I like Hillary (Hilary, or whatever) a lot. I'm sorry that she was later remembered solely as one of Tad's many exes, or some prototype Dixie.

I know Pat was around in later years too (aside from the last few, sadly - makes no sense), but for some reason most of what I see her on Youtube is from 1987. This and Natalie's rape trial/aftermath.

Edited by DRW50

• Members

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r3awQeiZdZs

I'm shocked that they actually had Joe say Jeff was in love with Angie. I didn't know the story progressed to that point.

That dream sequence with the flashlights under the chins...eh...more public access than fright night.

How neat that they had music box instead of the usual AMC closing credits theme.

• Members

Silver had a nice, haunting way about her. She could have gone in so many directions. How did Erica take the news of her death?

I'm very curious about this Pigeon Hollow story. What is the name of the fake preacher after the Chandlers? How did Nina escape his clutches? Who is the woman in the flashback? My guess is she's the mother of Lottie's fiance.

Is the name of Ross' therapist mentioned? I wanted to post a credit for Donna Murphy on IMDB. The site's kind of lacking as far as pre-'90s soap credits go.

• Members

Most of what I've seen of the therapist is just "she", but there are some credits up from around this point, I think. I'm not sure.

Until these episodes I didn't even know they had done more Pigeon Hollow flashbacks for Ross.

I agree about Silver. They could have done a lot with her - she could have filled the role Marissa filled. She could have even found his long lost son, if the show really needed David on that badly.

• Members

Thanks for the ending credits suggestion. I found some good synopses. From the Chicago Tribune...

Apparently the character's name was Jeb Tibwell but his real name was Henry Swope. His brother's name was Homer, which was what Ross was whispering in his nightmare. Homer was Lottie's abusive fiance and Ross killed him to save his mother. Makes a lot more sense than Stuart killing him. This sounds similar to the Hawkins storyline in the '90s.

Oh and I did find out the first name of the therapist: Jean.