AMC Tribute Thread

• Members

This episode has so many funny and moving scenes with Erica, Mark, and Mona. By the time I started watching AMC, in the mid-90s, even though she had Myrtle and sometimes Dimitri (or Jack), Erica often seemed so alone. Here, at least she had a family.

Such beautiful work from the woman who played Elizabeth.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GRwzjIOAOHc

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I'm not sure if this is the right thread to post this, but I thought it was cool. Lester Bangs, the music writer/editor for Creem and Rolling Stone that Philip Seymour Hoffman portrayed in Almost Famous, was a huge AMC fan:

http://m.spin.com/articles/philip-seymour-hoffman-lester-bangs-almost-famous

Edited by AdelaideCate007

• Members

Concerning the friendship of Donna and Jackson, I don't know exactly how the friendship began. There was also an episode in which, for some reason, Travis and Donna were somewhere outside Pine Valley. Donna decided that she was ready to return to Pine Valley, and Travis was also leaving. He offered her a ride in his car, and the car broke down. Donna and Travis felt something, and Donna told him that things like this did not happen to her, only to other women such as Erica.

After the return to town, I don't think that anything else was mentioned. Actress Candice Early said that everytime the show got a new producer that the producer would say that they were anxious to use Ms. Early and were determined to give her some good storylines. I think that the above was an attempt to do that.

• Members

Will Cooney and Julie Rand Chandler were actually related, not just related through marriage.

Will was the nephew of Palmer Courtlandt.

Julie was the biological daughter of Ross Chandler and Elizabeth Carlisle. Since Ross was the biological son of Palmer, Julie was Palmer's granddaughter.

So, Julie's father and Will were first cousins, making them first cousins one removed.

• Members

Some footage here of some celebration for Hunter and Michael Tylo, circa 1987 or 1988. Guests include Susan Lucci, Ruth Warrick, Kathleen Noone, Carmen Thomas, Julia Barr, Lauren Holly, Robin Christopher, etc. I think I see Silver #1 in there too. (real Silver #1)

• Members

Thanks! It's a work in progress - we have a collection of magazines from the 70s and 80s, and we are in the process of scanning those to include share on the site, and there's another related AMC history project we hope to do as well. Some friends and I had talked about doing a site for Erica and AMC for a long time, and I wish we'd done it years ago, but oh well.