AMC Tribute Thread

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Slick, I have several questions about All My Children. I hope you can answer the following:

1. What was the name of the character that the late Mary McCarthy played? Her first name was Bertha, and Bertha was a girlfriend of Ray Gardner. I think that it was she who foiled his plans to take the young Tad from the Martin family. In real life, Ms. McCarthy departed the show to appear on the primetime Trapper John, M. D.

2. Who played Pillar originally, before Terri Eoff assumed the role?

3. Who played Bill Fisher, the third husband of Nancy?

4. Who played Bryan (or Bryant) Cummings, a boyfriend of Pamela Kingsley?

5. Do you know the names of the characters played by Susan Browning and Roberta Maxwell?

• Members

1. I assumed Bertha was Ray's wife or sister, as she was listed as Bertha Gardner[unless the magazine just put that because she was with Ray.

2. I have Pilar Casals only under Terri Eoff. Somewhere in my basement I probably have the SOD that announced her arrival.

3. I have Samuel Wright as Bill Fisher.

4. I don't have a Bryant Cummings, but I have a Darryl Cummings from that time played by Jeff Hayenga[a vet of many shows].

5. Judith Allen was played by Roberta Maxwell. I believe she was a nanny for baby Bianca.

I need to look around my notes for Susan Browning.

Edited by slick jones

• Members

I have Susan Browning simply as Adam's maid. I have some new piles of notes from reading French Fan's summaries in the archives, and if her name is in that pile, I'll let you know.

While I have my notes on AMC out does anyone know who played these characters:?

Dr. David Arahnsen, who dated Daisy in 1983

Diane, Yvonne Caldwell's sister in 85

Sergio Garavas, husband of Solange. Sergio killed Gilles St.Clair.

Judge Marvin Martell, who sent Brooke to jail in 1984-85

Janice Rollins, Cliff's ex in 1979.

the original Dr. Amy Stone who dated Cliff in 1983?

Suzanne dated Tad in 1979-80

Edited by slick jones

• Members

A Latina actress originally played Pilar. She was under contract, but was only on the show for about three weeks.

Bertha could possibly have been married to Ray, but I don't think so.

I remember Janice Rollins well.

Catherine Christensen played a role, and it may have been Janice. However, I think that it was a later lady who was mixed up with Cliff.

During the time that Nina was starting to be attracted to Steve Jacobi, Cliff was attracted to a female physician. What was her name, and who played her?

• Members

Bertha may even have been Ray's mother. Didn't I read his grandmother lost him in the park"

Cliff and Steve both dated Kim McGuire[Donna Bullock]. then Cliff dated Dr. Amy Stone[Catherine Christiansen], but I remember a first Amy, but I lost some papers around 15 years ago, so I lost a few characters. I don't recall a first Pilar, but if there was, I'd like to know who she was, too.

Janice Rollins' actress's name has been eluding me for 2 and a half decades.

• Members

Slick, I am now thinking that I got mixed up on the Pillar character.

The character that I meant to ask about was the character who was from South America and was involved with Mitch Beck.

Two different actress played her.

Can you post the name of the character and/or the two actresses who played her?

I am pretty sure that Bertha was NOT the mother of Ray.

I was right about Dr. Stone. Catherine Christensen did play her. Ms. Christensen later served a prison term in real life.

I had been thinking that Donna Bullock had played a prostitute. It appeared for a while that Tom was going to be paired with her. I stand corrected. The prostitute's name may have been Candy. Do you know who played her? (This seems confusing to me because Candice Earley played former prostitute Donna #2.)

Also, at some point on the show (1986?), Phoebe was involved with a lady who claimed to be able to communicate with the dead. However, this person was a fraud. Do you know that character's name and the name of the performer who played her. (It was a contract role, but, again, only lasted a few weeks.)

• Members

Also (to Slick Jones or to anyone), I am nearly sure that, following the death of Kitty, Erica wanted to be the new Mrs. Lincoln Tyler. However, there was a wealthy widow that Lincoln was dating. She was played by Fern Fitzgerald. Do you know her name? (She may have only been seen once. Lincoln took her to dinner as his companion to the home of Phoebe and Charles.)

• Members

Luisa Sanchez Beck was played by Maria Strova and Just Shoot Me's Laura SanGiacomo.

Candy Brown was the prostitute friend of Donna's. She was played by Elizabeth Forsyth. Her character had a nephew Brad, who was taken in for a while by Tom Cudahy. I'm looking for his name, but it might take some time.

I've been trying to find FF's character name for a while, I loved her on Dallas.

I vaguely remember the Phoebe story. I may have to dig out my old SOD's from the basement to refresh my memory and try to find that one.

• Members

The storyline that I am asking about aired around the same time that Cindy Chandler was dying or had just died.

The actress who played the phychic was a contract actress, but the storyline was dropped hurriedly.

Going back to the African-American character who was a friend of Jesse, the one who had the baby. It was later revealed who the father was. What was his name, and who played him? (I have gotten the names of Vera and Yvonne confused.)

• Members

Terri Eoff-she grew up in Lubbock, Tx as did I. She is a couple of years older than me. I don't recall if we went to the same high school but I do recall seeing her in a play or two in Lubbock. I don't recall if it was high school or local theatre, though..

• Members

Jesse's friend was Yvonne Caldwell. She and Jesse had an affair. She came back months later, pregnant. She was knocked up by her sister Diane's boyfriend,[?husband], Otis Price[Thomas G.Waites] I don't know the actors' names that played Diane Caldwell or baby Derek Caldwell.

• Members

Thomas G. Waites is who I was thinking about.

Now, Slick, I have another short set of questions.

These concern Jordan Charney on the show.

I remember the episode in which he was a substitute (for Nicholas Benedict) as Phillip Brent. This was after he had been written off as Sam Lucas (the first time) on Another World and before he was cast as the second Vinnie Woleck on One Life to Live.

My question is about his second role on the show - as Mr. Bodine, the father of Trask and Brian. He was a very negative character. He went to a prostitute, and then he discovered that his prostitute was his own daughter.

What was the daughter's name? Who played her? Did Mr. Bodine have a first name?