AMC Tribute Thread

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I'm sure this has already been asked a long time ago, but why did Angie love her father so much after he took her baby? Did she not blame him for that?

How did Pat feel about her husband?

I'd been watching again, for the first time in a few years, that episode where her father died (Debbi Morgan giving a phenomenal performance).

The main consistency in these episodes is that Hunter Tylo always seems out of place.

Erica driving the race car still tends to make me laugh/roll my eyes at the same time. I guess this was close to the end of the 100% fun camp Erica.

• Members

1990s Erica was so much more serious in comparison. I mean, she did get to do some fun things (the marriage to Adam, the faux kidnapping with Edmund and the faux amnesia story with Dimitri, and the whole Mike Roy story in 1998 come to mind), but most of the 90s was such a drag for her: losing custody of Bianca, Mona's death, the revelation of the rape, Dimitri's stabbing, Kendall, her drug addiction, Bianca's anorexia, her miscarriage, going to jail for kidnapping Maddie, and then nearly dying in a car accident and having her face mangled. I didn't start watching until the end of 1990, so seeing a really light-hearted and selfish and campy 1980s Erica is a really interesting change.

• Members

Jack had represented Natalie in early 1988 when Palmer was trying to get revenge on her or win her back - maybe that was where they met.

I didn't realize until the last few years that he'd dated Julie...I also didn't know she was on so far into 1989.

Julie had such promise, when you think about her backstory and her ties, but she was so drab. It's a shame they never brought her back later, with a recast.

• Members

I didn't know she did either. Wow. They sure were trying her with anyone at that point.

I guess Lauren Holly was gone for several months for Ford Fairlane, but I still didn't know she'd been there to the end of the year.

Elizabeth Lawrence gives such a beautiful performance here, with her eyes alone.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NfLZb1FGAQY

Times like this are when I really miss Ruth Warrick.

• Members

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AFglzWKjOTU

Love Marian, and Phoebe/Marian is even better. She really goes for it with those personal attacks, delivered in such a grandoise manner. Priceless.

I know Myrtle had to say these things to move the plot forward, but she comes across as nosy, judgmental, and, frankly, kind of dim and ignorant of life - she grew up in a rough situation and stayed there for most of her life. She's THAT shocked about a child born out of wedlock, and a love story that did not end in marriage? Really? This also makes the retcon of her being Rae's mother even dumber.

They really softened her up when they had her take over more of the Mona role.

• Members

Myrtle often held disdain for Erica, particularly when Erica was being nasty towards people like Nat. Myrtle and Mona's relationship was really established during the Willow Lake storyline, a lovely and rare gesture of a storyline for senior cast members, and Myrtle's maternal relationship with Erica grew out of that post Mona's death. It was a well-crafted move by the writers and it kept Myrtle relevant in a way that she otherwise would not have been on the show.

• Members

Phoebe was hilarious in intentional and unintentional ways which made her perhaps the campiest character of the show. RW's glances to the teleprompter had a lot to do with that. Langley, Billy Clyde, Erica, all played by actors in on the joke of their characters just like Ruth, but her caught glances, also at her cameras making sure that they were on her for her cues, added an additional campy element.