AMC Tribute Thread

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I never knew that Brooke and Nina were best friends. When did that start exactly?

Cliff accusing Nina of being manipulative like Palmer is interesting. I wish they'd gone somewhere with this idea.

I never knew Barbara and Matt interacted.

Julie feeling trapped and isolated in Pine Valley after her adventures in New York is a great story, or potentially a great story, but Julie's so wan, it's tough to connect. I do think the dialogue in the scene with Nico is first rate.

Love seeing Phoebe snap at Adam.

Barbara is just a huge vile bitch. Unbelievable. She does her best to taunt Erica into having a miscarriage when Erica won't play along with her.

The Nick/Mona scenes are just beautiful. Nick saying he's still in love with Erica and probably always will be. They had such a fascinating relationship. I wish it had had closure on the show in those last years.

Love seeing Nina sparring with Pilar. "Which husband?" There's pure ice under all the sweetness and good manners. I wish we could see more of it.

So that's Cliff's house? I thought it was the boarding house. Oh well.

Phoebe's plot is a good filler story. Fun.

• Members

I'm glad they were branching Cecily out into other stories (I guess because they knew that Charlie was leaving the show).

I didn't know Sofia Landon was on the show at this time. Who did she play?

Chilling cliffhanger with Cindy.

Another brief moment with Silver and Erica. I'm always a little surprised that Erica isn't more guarded with her or resentful of her being with Jeremy.

Susan Lucci and Walt Willey had some serious chemistry here. 

• Members

That guy is too young to play Jeff, and it's weird seeing him paired with Hilary, who should have been about 15-20 years his junior. And they're so handsy after barely meeting.

Nice to see so much of Phoebe's place.

Why was Cecily scheming against Hilary and Mitch?

Mitch looks like Dave Coulier.

Erica was so melodramatic in her prayer, but she was very much in control when she was with "Noelle." I like that.

Really enjoyed everything with Ross, Ellen, and Mark, then Ross with Adam and Stuart. Ellen and Mark made a good couple, with real potential to be a patriarch and matriarch if they'd been given a chance. Stuart trying to comfort Ross, only for Ross to turn against him in paranoia - so sad. I love the talk between Adam and Stuart too. Stuart loved his family so much. I feel like in later years the show sometimes just remembered his relationship with Adam.

I really like Hilary. I like that she refused to run after Mitch when he believed the worst of her. So rare. Can you imagine that on a soap today?

That's Courtney Simon, who recurred on AMC for years as Dr. Anna Tolan, in the commercial at 40 minutes.

The show had such a huge cast at this point, to the point where some just pop up for one scene (like Creed Kelly).

Hey, the woman Creed is threatening played Clarissa's mother on Clarissa Explains It All!

• Members

Brooke & Nina were best friends when I started watching circa 1980.

Julie was always bland, imo. Of the three actors in that triangle, I always thought Rosa Nevin would be the breakout star but it seems like she turned out to the be one less known for anything else (Robert Duncan MacNeil did a Start Trek show and Lauren Holley did Picket Fences).

I loved bitchy Barbara versus Erica. I always wished Barbara had teamed up with Natalie against her.

Phoebe hated Mitch because he wasn't good enough for Hillary, just like his sister Donna wasn't good enough for Chuck. I loved how Mitch was brought on the show; we saw him riding his motorcycle into Pine Valley one day and a couple of days later he showed up at Cortland Manor, asked for the lady of the house and collapsed. He didn't know Donna had divorced Palmer.

I can't wait to watch this episode later today. I loved the Palmer/Natalie/Ross/Ellen/Mark story!

I liked having characters pop up midway through for a scene or two and never knowing which characters would be on each day; it meant if you switched the channel you might miss something.

I always liked Hillary and really wish they'd brought her back before the network run ended. She should've been involved with Tad again before Dixie's final return from the dead, imo!

Edited by Steve

• Members

I never got why they never tried to bring Hillary back for the Damon story. Tad getting involved with Hillary before Dixie came back would've been a good story, though I'm not sure if AMC had the time to tell it.

I think Ellen and Ross/Mark would've been good heads of a family had Julie been more successful, much like how Tad kept Joe and Ruth viable.

Speaking of Donna and Chuck, I watched some scenes recently on HamiltonBernique's channel with Donna blaming Chuck for their baby dying that were good.

I don't know if you all know about this channel already, but they have a few episodes up from 1987 if you are looking for more from that era:

http://www.youtube.com/user/ethelbean/videos

• Members

Is that Chuck on the top left? Yes, that is the recast-phil.

I recognize Paul, Margo, Nick, Anne, Ruth (I like that hairstyle for whatever reason), Kitty, Erica (Damn she looked good. Maybe not the most flattering picture but still), Kate, Joe, Mona, Pheobe, Linc, and I guess that guy on the far right is Hal. The rest I am not sure about. I wonder were Dr. Charles Tyler is? And is that Claudette on the far right/center row.