AMC and OLTL Canceled!

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

So many unexpected people watch soaps and most of them watched AMC and OLTL over the years. I know this hurt a lot of celebrities like that today.

I agree, the forums are super packed especially every hour when people who come home from work get on, a lot more packed than they were for GL and ATWT cancellations.

A lot of people are claiming this to be the worst cancellation in the history of television. I always felt like ABC's soaps were the heart and soul of the network's fanbase and now to lose them this network is on borrowed time I'd give them 10-20 years before they have to cancel themselves and it will go back to these two cancellations here in 2011.

ABC is lucky they didn't get rid of GH b/c all hell would've broken loose. I was actually hoping GH went with them so the hatchett could really come down on ABC.

• Members

I figured that AMC would be off the air by the end of the year. I thought that OLTL had a shot of surviving for a few more years. I guess I was wrong.

It will be interesting to see if DAYS can survive until its 50th anniversary.

• Members

ABC has been a piece of [!@#$%^&*] and on a downhill slide to HELL since Disney took over in 1996. That was the year that TGIF died. They took the last 2 shows over to CBS. (Step By Step and Family Matters) and the soaps were toned down. The mob took over GH even more than before. OLTL was watered down. And AMC was kinda looked over. Their prime time died first. Now their daytime. Capital Cities is weeping and rolling over in it's little corporate grave!

I honestly don't know which network is worst. NBC for screwing over Conan, CBS for canning ATWT and GL, or ABC for this. Network TV should just bloody DIE ALREADY! :ph34r:

Archived