Is ABC Preparing to Cancel AMC and OLTL?

• Members

Multi year contract for new headwriter, yes, the AMC -name- thing, Susan Lucci, the LA move, HD...

OLTL will lose this battle. It would need GH level demos to survive. Unless ABC truly cares about this "OLTL coming out best in their marketing research" stuff (which may not even be true, this was another Jamey Giddens thing)

And this stuff about OLTL moving to 1 pm after AMC is cancelled is intriguing, but its never gonna happen.

• Replies 500
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

All these AMC actors with their little announcements about cast meetings, ect.. Susan announcing that Finance congratulated AMC, that her schedule is full for two years, the book, the booktour... Susan will look like a clueless fool if AMC is cancelled and ABC will look like the devil.

I find it odd how -silent- everyone from OLTL is.

At this point ABC HAS to cancel OLTL first, it will be a PR disaster otherwise.

• Members

I actually think it would be a PR disaster to cancel OLTL first. I know ratings fluxuate from week to week, but last week OLTL demos were .2 higher than AMC. How do you justify cancelling OLTL over AMC? ABC has advertisers that they have to answer to, it isn't just about playing favorites.

• Members

Well in OLTL's defense, the difference between AMC and OLTL in the ratings is generally getting larger..

But all I have to say is I hope that AMC's ratings are up and that all of the AMC fans will be raving about AMC in 6 months time when OLTL has been ditched. I don't want to see that OLTL was cancelled just to hear that AMC is horrible.

• Members

LOL, I know. They're a blip above AMC in the demos, and are usually essentially tied in the HHs. Being in 3rd place vs. last place when there's a negligible, probably statistically insignificant, difference between the numbers for both shows, is nothing to brag about. I can imagine there are other factors involved in the decision to cancel a long-running show. At this point, it's anybody's ball game, though for me, the Howarth rehiring trumps the Broderick rehiring in terms of which show will be the one to survive.

Archived