Is ABC Preparing to Cancel AMC and OLTL?

• Replies 500
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

AMC could be a goner already but I think they will give them time to bring up the numbers again. I think with Days at the bottom of the ratings helps out AMC just a bit but not very much. AMC still ranks dead last in the 18-49 category.

• Members

I agree, I think a cancellation announcement would have been announced already if they were gone in September because they are probably writing Aug or Sept right now, at least OLTL is, AMC with their writer change might not be. So you think OLTL is okay for now?

• Members

If ABC is making an announcement sometime next week (and assuming it has to do with the soaps) doesn't the fact that there is an announcement suggest that a show is going to be canceled?

I can't see them coming out with an announcement that neither show is being canceled, or an announcement that the shows have been given x amount of time to turn turn things around.

• Members

From the sound of things, it looks like the 2pm spot is what they'd first want to open up for whatever new reality show they have available, just because that's the most enviable time slot. Whether that means OLTL would be cut (probably unfairly) to make room for the new show, or AMC would be cut and OLTL moved into its timeslot in most markets, is anyone's guess. ABC going out of its way to mention Howarth's return, and probably to a lesser extent Broderick's, tells me that the shows are safe for at least part of the 2011-2012 season, until they can find a suitable reality show or shows to replace them. I mean, why go out of their way to get Howarth and Broderick back and then announce these changes if they plan on cancelling them in the very near future.

Archived