The Rihanna Thread

Soapsuds

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

It's nice to see her working with Calvin Harris even though he's pretty unknown here. Love his album, and of course the stuff he's written and produced for some of my fave dance pop divas (though you definitely hear his style in all his productions) like:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nj6IKIPteuE&ob=av2e

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mSMus837cxA

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Please forgive me for my rudeness, but when you stated that Rihanna holds the record for the shortest amount of time in-between her first and tenth chart-toppers, I am assuming that you meant this record only applies to solo female vocalists (as opposed to all artists). That's because Elvis Presley accomplished this feat in less than 2.5 years, and the Beatles did it in less than two. And if we limit this to just all female artists, the Supremes still hold the record, since a period of less than three years elapsed from the time of their first #1 hit to their tenth.

Thanks for filling us in on Rihanna's incredible chart success. Given that I have almost no interest in today's pop music, I don't currently follow the Billboard pop chart and therefore had no idea just how popular she was.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

BILLBOARD: Rihanna rises to her 11th No. 1 on the Billboard Hot 100 songs chart, as "We Found Love," featuring Calvin Harris, ascends 2-1 with Airplay Gainer honors in its sixth week on the survey.

Rihanna is just the seventh artist in the Hot 100's 53-year history to tally at least 11 leaders, joining the Beatles (20), Mariah Carey (18), Michael Jackson (13), Madonna (12), the Supremes (12) and Whitney Houston (11). She passes Janet Jackson and Stevie Wonder, each with 10 No. 1s.

Among women, Rihanna, thus, moves into a third-place tie with Houston for most toppers, after only Carey and Madonna.

Hot 100 Top 10

1. Rihanna "We Found Love"

2. Adele "Someone Like You"

3. LMFAO "Sexy And I Know It"

4. Maroon 5 "Moves Like Jagger"

5. Foster The People "Pumped Up Kicks"

6. Gym Class Heroes "Stereo Hearts"

7. David Guetta "Without You"

8. LMFAO "Party Rock Anthem"

9. Cobra Starship "You Make Me Feel..."

10. Kelly Clarkson "Mr. Know It All"

• Members

Y&RWorldTurner, thank you for updating us on Rihanna's latest accomplishment. Like I said earlier, I would normally not have any idea about this, sicne I am not interested in today's pop music.

I sincerely apologize if I offended you when I asked you to earlier clarify whether (in a previous post) you were comparing a certain accomplishment(the time in-between Rihanna's first and tenth chart-toppers) among just female solo artists or among all artists. I was not at all trying to be a smartass, and feel badly if I came across that way.

When you left Elvis Presley off the list of artists who did not have at least eleven number one hits on the Hot 100, you were indeed correct. That's because 10 of Elvis' 17 chart-toppers were on Billboard's "Best Sellers in Stores Chart" (the precedessor to the Hot 100, which debuted in August 1958).

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...

Archived