Finally bought Dallas final season

BKuzak

• Members

I was hesitatant to get it because i beleive the show should have been over when Sue Ellen left. I never really paid attention to the final two seasons, even on soapnet, except for the final episode. But i thought with my renewed interest in it recently, i got a used copy at a good price so i figured why not. Now i have the first and the last, with several in between. and then in April, i'll have the movies.

The last season so far has been a little weird. I like that both Susan Lucci and Barbara Eden guest starred. and i like Sasha Mitchell. He played a good part and i think he was a breath of fresh air. Sue Ellen would have praised him for keeping JR in the mental institution. It was weird that in the first few episodes, JR was in a mental institution and Bobby was in Paris. and Cliff wasn't even on that first episode. It was nice to see Clayton but i missed Miss Ellie, Lucy and Ray too. I did like that final episode though.

I'm glad i got it because it was the final season (Looking forward to the movies comming out in April) but i also could tell the show went on a season or two too long, for me. What do you all think of the final season?

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I've always thought Dallas' final season was always a step-up from the '89-'90 season when we saw JR and Cliff caring about the environment and Clayton and Ellie getting caught up in Murder She Wrote material.

My views on Dallas' last season:

-Eh the season did start off weird. I understand Wilson desired April to go out in a bang, but April's died in quite possibly the most extreme way possible. I think only Linda Fairgate's murder topped April being machine gunned.

-Kimberly Foster :wub: Michelle's transformation becoming a vindictive bitch was superb.

-I know Barbara Eden's stint gets panned a lot but I thought it was fun.

-Susan Lucci was wickedly evil as Shelia/Hillary but Bobby falling for her daughter? No thanks it was as bad as Bobby&Kay and Bobby&Tracey.

-Didn't care much for the Johnny Dancer mystery.

-I don't like the second to last ep because it aside from Rose and Dusty Farlow dropping back into place it was so many plot contrivances at once to suddenly drive JR to suicide not to mention the Michelle story was not resolved at all.

• Members

I agree completely. Although i have to say, I don't know if i would have followed it on a weekly basis. It's nice to have the DVD's and a day off where i can watch several of the episodes in a row without comercials. Now that i'm about half way through, I wish Sasha was on more as JR's son. it's weird to see Sly (JR's secretary) in such a bigger role. In the seasons i have, the secretaries are usually just in small scenes giving messages and or whatever.

• Members

It's a big disappointment that there are no special features for the final season DVD set. (In fact, the 1985-86 "Dream" season is the last DVD set to contain special features.) At the very least, I wish there could have been some news stories from the time regarding the fact that Dallas was ending after being on the air for so many years.

• Members

The last two seasons of Dallas were very good. I just wish they utilized Lesley Anne Down's character as Cliff's love interest. I didn't like Barbara Stock in the final season. I also disagree that the show should've ended when Sue Ellen left. I feel like she should've exited years earlier. Characters like Ray, Donna and Lucy I feel had way more to offer. I hate that Lucy ne ver had a return or a full season on Knots Landing, despite Charlene Tilton's limitations as an actress.

I think the key to keeping Sue Ellen relevant would be to put her with Cliff around season five or six and keep her in the Barnes orbit. You can't have growth with her continuously wanting JR and going back to him. That got old and tired.

• Members

Now that I look back it ...Dallas should have ended after the 1990 season. That's when they should have brought everyone back. I loved Ray and Donna. Lucy's only real stories were her trying to find love. Once that was done with Mitch there wasn't anything for her to do. I wish she would have become a businesswoman and taken care of Gary's interest in the company.

Just two more weeks for the movie collection release

http://www.amazon.com/Dallas-Movie-Collection-Larry-Hagman/dp/B004H83IHI/ref=sr_1_1?s=dvd&ie=UTF8&qid=1301251231&sr=1-1

Archived