Deadline Hollywood Says AMC May Be A Goner

• Members

You really think they'd call the cast in and lie to them, about something this big? This isn't a move to Cali. Or keeping the secret about David not really being dead.

ABC is a lot of horrible things, but I'm not sure I buy that they're THIS horrible.

Guess we'll see. LOL

And yes, here's me: B)

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Maybe that's how they'll decide. Just have a AMC/OLTL fan cage match where they feed everybody pills and booze then give them knives. The casts of both shows can watch on closed-circuit TV.

It's Disney. I have no problem believing they're that horrible.

• Members

My spin on all of this is that the show is safe...FOR NOW...but they really need to bring it in May sweeps, or that's it. I've said earlier that I think the reason Feb sweeps was such a non-event for the show was because they decided to start building new stories that could climax in May, which they knew ahead of time will be do or die. I'm not encouraged by the record-low demos the past two weeks for the stories playing now that are supposed to build through May. I fear that their big May sweeps event will be Rylee's real wedding. That's not the way to go. Crossing fingers that the tide can turn.

• Members

Starting to sound an awful like that rumor is officially dead. Call me crazy but if AMC were to be cancelled it would've been done already. CBS didn't waste any time cancelling GL and ATWT when it was time to pull the plug.

Getting tired of these waste of time rumors.

• Members

Clearly, AMC's demos are not going to go rebound in any meaningful so that means cutting production costs in a huge way.

I don't get the "the show doesn't deserve" argument. The show is a thing owned by a faceless conscienceless corporation. The actors and crew are employees who are real human beings with families to support. So is it the corporation or these blameless people who have no control over the show that doesn't deserve another year?

• Members

You want the show canceled so badly, yet you still watch. It's confusing to me. LOL I have a feeling a few people here and elsewhere would be singing a totally different tune if a certain someone was coming back.

• Members

It would make a terrific concept play. The setting is a "real life" message board, the characters are all posters and the dialogue is made up entirely of their posts. The posters appear one at a time in the spotlight to soliloquize their posts, hiding in the darkness when it's not their turn. The story?

"Two soap operas are on life support, and at 3PM, one will receive a cancellation notice. The dedicated fan bases discuss the impending announcements and implications. We pick up on the action at noon."

Archived