Deadline Hollywood Says AMC May Be A Goner

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Look, I'm just saying, if AMC (JHC, etc) called the actors and the crew in, and told them the show is safe, and they don't know it is, or know otherwise...then they're absolute scum, IMO. This isn't moving to California. This isn't saying David is dead and VI is fired. This is these people livelihoods. It's disgusting to think that AMC would play with them like that.

So I'm going to believe they are safe, until we find out otherwise.

• Members

The show has played with them before. I found it disgusting that Chrishell had to find out about the move to LA on twitter from fans. that's how this network operates

I think in a month we'll find out it's cancelled for sure. I don't think it is gonna be announced FOR THE TIME BEING

• Members

I just think to what happened with GL at the end. How they had the remote at Universal Studios in Florida and how the actors were like it won't get cancelled after that.

If ABC decided to kill OLTL instead, that would cause the biggest war of wars--not putting that out in the universe.

• Members

CD, nothing you pointed out there validates the things you're pointing out, IMO. I only consider one of those sources listed valid. Why would all the actors you're mentioning be taking 13 week contracts now when their original contracts haven't ended yet? That doesn't make sense. Every actor can be released by any soap in conjunction with 13 week cycles. These actors are not negotiating with AMC/ABC every 13 weeks when their current contracts have yet to end. I've heard rumors that have at least half of them leaving this year, maybe they will, maybe they won't. Most of those contracts end this summer, fall and winter. I don't get your original paycut point, but Susan Lucci said she took a pay cut as did her castmates. Paycuts that have hit almost every daytime set that still exists.

Kylie, I do agree with you but I understand why viewers, readers would be skeptical of ABC no matter what they did or didn't announce. DC announced that the show was moving to L.A. and ABC flat out denied it. The actors were the last to know. I think the actors were told the show is safe but things have to improve. The "but" is what makes me think there was less b-s to it than with what went on with AMC: LA. I am ultimately waiting for the release of what ABC's 2011-2012 lineup is before I breath a sigh of relief.

Bad ratings, good ratings, bad writing, good writing, this actor, that actor, no actor, this couple, that couple, no couple, it doesn't matter to me as I would just be happy for the soaps to get an extra season. AMC getting an extra season will give OLTL an extra season. These soaps to me are like an older relative. They're old, they'll never be the same, a lot is broken and can't be fixed but I'd still take more time with them. Even the ones I'm not as close to.

• Members

Yup, I think they are holding off on the news until a few months. That's why there is all the Bobbie Eaks and support our show campaign.

Two years is pushing it. I would be surprised if it lasted the year.

Read above......lol I agree

• Members

Trust me, I am prepared to fight the Lord's fight for the honor of Pine Valley. Let us hoist the flag of the Photo Album up high above Willow Lake, let us secure our armaments in Pierce Riley's cabin, and let us get out battle fatigues from the Boutique. It shall be a splendid little war.

Archived