Deadline Hollywood Says AMC May Be A Goner

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I think it's more telling that Eakes and Hartley have stated that it's not being cancelled. Eakes has got a pretty loyal fanbases, and I can't see her making such a confident no-cancellation statement to her fans unless she and the rest of the cast had some assurance from people high up the ABC food chain like Frons that the show is going nowhere for now. Maybe I'm wearing rose-colored glasses too, but I'm trying to see some positive in all of this.

• Members

This has been the third or fourth time in recent years that AMC is going or almost gone, so I think most of the cast might be surprised it's even lasted this long.

It's just crazy. I guess I think of GL, which was the long, long, long goodbye, but for AMC to be here now when six years ago they were still doing pretty good (in terms of numbers) is sad. I really do think production deserves blame.

• Members

I get the feeling some of you guys are going to be disappointed if it's revealed AMC has made it into the 2011-2012 season. You vultures ;)

Universal paycuts is something that has happened on every single daytime set. SL wasn't the only star to take a paycut on AMC. Every actor can be released at the end of a 13 week cycle. What's your source for the claim that CS, VI, and DM are on some different contract cycle than everybody else? CS and AMC may have a weird relationship, but otherwise...

• Members

Angela, It was spoiled via STUSA, DailyDish and DTC and there was a note dropped how RB/CM refused to take paycuts. MEK is signed through this year. WW, DW, JY, DM, AM, SL, MN, BE, VI all have expiring contracts this year. None of them have extended thier contracts. They likely take short term 13 week contracts. CS has friends on the show, she might be willing to go down w/ the ship.

• Members

Okay, I missed all the AMC LA stuff, so I really can't comment on it. But I think it's interesting the BE gave a straight out answer, like JV did last night, and that TV Squad put a very definite time frame (though I guess "likely" or whatever they used could be their out) for when their sources told them the announcement was coming. That time frame ended yesterday.

Dunno, maybe it's all just lies, or people on the inside not being told the truth...but at some point, can't it start to add up?

• Members

For the record, I'll be happy but if they get a reprieve they better do everything possible to fix this mess. Dodging the bullet just to go back to the current mediocrity is unacceptable. If they survive they better come out swinging. If they want me to support this show, then give me something to support.

But I still think they're history.

• Members

The biggest roadblock to AMC ever having any increase that would last is probably Rylee, specifically Ryan. If AMC does get a reprieve then someone at ABC, if they care at all, would dump one or both of these leeches.

Archived