GH: Vanessa Marcil spoiler

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

So VM is off. This has got to be the re-structuring that TC was talking about. Losing VM's salary must save GH significant money.

Guza's VM lurve makes him delusional. What else explains his "she has a two year contract" lie?

Sarah Brown was fired from GH (and has admitted this) so she didn't have a choice. Guza obviously ran out of ideas for Claudia after he made her into a very dark character. He had Claudia do horrible things and every time it seemed like he was redeeming her, he had her do something worse.

• Members

For some reason I thought it was mutual, but thanks for reminding me.

There is so much you can do with someone who only returns for a year. Kathleen McKinnon on AW being a good example. I guess Guza's VM blinders meant he didn't consider it. If it had been me I would have made this one last big goodbye, playing the hell out of Brenda/Robin, Sonny/Brenda/Jax, Brenda/Julia, giving Brenda a terminal illness (and to satisfy Guza, a tiny hint that she might still be alive).

• Members

Maybe someone at ABC finally stepped in and is putting a hault to these expensive returns. To call VMs return a success because of a 1 week ratings uptic is just foolish and I honestly dont believe anyone at ABC is that clueless to believe that.

I watched a couple of episodes with VM, she used to be my favorite, but something seemed off to me about her and she just didn't have the same magic she did. SOme of that is writing sure and perhaps unlike a few of the better actors on GH, she just doesn't have the ability to elevate material that is subpar.

As far as what was the point to the wedding, I dont get this comment. When Luke and LAura married back in the 80s, GF was gone 6 months after that event and their rewedding a few years ago she was gone in a few week. Personally I think the wedding was one of the best things they have done in a while and good for fans for getting some payoff for a change

As far as the restructuring, its been reported its not exactly what people are being led to believe. Apparently the show is going to focus on longer segments less cast per episode. The excuse being to be able to be more character driven and not be so choppy but to also minimize overuse of some of the cast. Personally I think it means that the current airhogs will be on more and longer segments while the cast used less will be used even less than they are now. Ingo Rademachers comments about his taping schedule down to 1 day a week at most to me is a strong indicator.

It's possible BHs job was saved because many of the actors like her in terms of airtime are going to be held to their mins freeing up some money to keep her. But I don't believe for one second this show is cutting down on the airtime of the people who have been front and center for years.

• Members

I wonder if some of the actors who will have to work even longer hours and who already seem so sick of the whole show might finally give in and quit. Probably not, but who knows. I imagine Guza and Frons would sacrifice, literally, half the cast to keep Burton around.

• Members

None of these people are leaving. ABC may have instituted salary cuts but what does it matter when the people making the largest amount of money continue to

go over the minimums all the time likely making up for whatever salary cut they should have absorbed.

If anything I would expect a lot of the underused cast members might get fed up and leave or just coast it out until the end. Kind of what they are already doing

• Members

The big news in the soap mag releases today are Ingo being dropped. SON speculated that it might happen but I guess its official now. Too bad they didnt reunite Jax with Brenda. I always preferred her with him and that would be a better match than he with Snarzilla

No its up in July. She started airing in August, but she started taping in July. Her contract and last tape date would be July which would have her airing through this August, that is of course unless she gets an early release

• Members

Maybe they need to look at the demos compated to a year ago. I love VM but her return has been a disappointment.

And I am sure her fans say her return was a success the same as when anyone elses fave returns.

So Ingo is out or dropped to recurring?

Archived