February 14-18, 2011

Toups

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I think what I hate the most about all of this is that it doesn't even seem like someone is going to work on saving AMC if AMC stays.

The ratings increase under Pratt still confuses me, as I thought the show was unwatchable, but clearly an audience is still there. Yet no one at ABC will make the moves to do this.

• Members

Blah..blah..blah..blah..same old stuff to save AMC. Sounds familiar...like the whole plan to save Days. How many times can ABC try to save this soap?? It doesnt seem like they are doing anything right now to save AMC.

I am curious as to how the ratings were for Oprah's AMC fest. It sure didnt help give AMC a bump in the ratings with all the Erica's men crapola.

• Members

I wonder about this. OLTL has short term ratings spikes again and again. Is the show only able to appeal in these brief spikes? If you watch regularly then you start to get bogged down in how nothing changes, except things you don't want to change (generally the best of 2008 is gone, so is the best of 2009...I can't come up with a best of 2010 at the moment).

I don't think soaps cutting episode orders will help much but of all the soaps OLTL may be the one that would benefit from fewer episodes a week, because RC seems to be better at short-term writing.

• Members

Let's say AMC goes. How many AMC fans will stick watching OLTL?

Folks who watch now because OLTL comes on after AMC will be gone.

Any many hardcore AMC fans will be mad at OLTL and not tune in?

What OLTL has going for it now won't be the same with AMC gone.

AMC also has Susan Lucci to do PR , as OLTL has no stars know outside daytime.

Let's say OLTL goes. AMC loses some OLTL who are mad. They also gain FV and run o OLTL's bizz model. More than liley back at their old studio in NYC. Only actor they will lose is RB.

IMO AMC is the smarter bet. If u get rid of AMC might as well end OLTL at sametime.

As for GH , OLTL payed for it's overruns until Vanessa retruned. No reason a AMC run by FV can't do the same.

• Members

OLTL may have gone up but the MAIN POINT is MAINTING AND HOLDING THE VIEWERS!? Did they no. No one did. Period.

Like many people have pointed out, if AMC goes first OLTL will be right after regardless. Give it 2-3 months. OLTL will hurt more with AMC gone then if AMC if OLTL is gone.

Archived