One Life To Live needs a new opening!

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Ha I had no idea they were the same composer. I dunno, with all due respect to fans who love that theme--I just think it's WAY too dated and would do the show no good at this point--I think I'd still find it too 80s theme/upbeat for a modern opening even with real instruments (or more likely modern synths), but maybe someone could do something clever with it--then again the current theme sounds, like you suggested, like a 1980s Casio keyboard so I don't have much hope. And the lyrics are beyond corny. I do get the love for the theme but whenever people mention bringing it back I just shake y head.

I wouldn't mind an opening that's like an update of The City's or something--but really that's not ALL too different from the mid 90s OLTL opening, so...

• Members

The City had one of the last truly innovative openings, I loved it and it looked like nothing else (well, maybe the pics were reminiscent of EON's kind of grainy photo opening credits, but the way TC's would scatter and crumble and rip like pieces of trash on the street, and I mean that in the *best* way :P , was cool). Also loved the theme especially at the 3:34 point.

• Members

I obviously loved it too--of course now it screams 90s (as the show does in general) but I think it could be relatively easily updated with something similar--which could be said of the way they filmed the show in general. Off topic but I still think it actually worked best as a late night soap, as it aired for its last few months on the Seattle ABC (at 12:05 or 12:35 I think). They also managed to do a decent job of updating it considering the show had such a short run and ABC essentially gave up on it after a few months, it seemed.

• Members

I'd really like to believe that SoapNet at least attempted to air The City but for whatever reasons was denied. The thought that they didn't even try kinda pisses me off, would have been perfect. I mean, they could never seem to get their [!@#$%^&*] together with Ryan's Hope, but The City was only two years old and at an hour a day could have had at least two or three decent runs without overkill.

• Members

The City was still always owned by Agnes' second company, as was Loving (ummm I can never remember if it was Daytime Creations or Creative Horizons--one title was used for her 70s shows, one for Loving/The City)--surely that played some part? I remember the gossip was this was another reason they went with Port Charles so quickly, although I can't imagine it would have been hard to buy The City... Despite being creative consultant in the credits, AGnes Nixon doesn't seem to really know too much about it in that youtube interview, LOL...(Ryan's Hope was sold to ABC in the 80s, right?)

Archived