OLTL: Discussion for the week of February 14

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The world came crashing down on Natalie, and it couldn't have happened to a faker redhead.

And I floved that Jessica screeched about Natalie taking Nash from her. I went back and put on my closed caption just to make sure that it was what she said, and it was. It's really time for Natalie to get out of town, for good. Couldn't they use MA/Natalie over at AMC? I'd be willing to donate her (and Rex, and David) to them so that I can have my Buchanan family order back the way it should be. With Clint's kids being Cord, Jessica, plus adopted Kevin and Joey. I wasn't feeling the Balsom invasion in 2001, and 10 years later I'm still not.

• Members

Viki absolutely needs to kick Charlie to the curb. I just don't know if she will. The Viki I know would not have let Echo live with her at all. Plot point writing instead of being true to character.

The Buchanans haven't been an interesting family for eons. The only interesting thing about them the last decade has been Natalie. And now Clint.

I wish Jess was sticking around instead of Tess taking over. I would like to see Jess deal with everything, not that clown known as Tess. I liked the sister scenes. I would like to see more but I have a feeling Jess will disappear and Tess will be busy with Ford. Natalie will be busy trying to get mopey John back. Boo. The story is with the sisters, not with the sisters and their men.

• Members

Except Tess is fueled by hate and rage and that makes her sloppy to the point where she hurts others in addition to her target. Last time she was out, she killed Viki by causing her car to crash, and her intended target was Natalie. Chances are, someone else will end up getting hurt again instead of Natalie and she really wont care.

With that said, Natalie owes Marty a BIG apology. I didnt like how she lied and told John and everyoen else that Marty kidnapped her and held her at gunpoint. She's been making Marty look like some crazy whackjon in order to protect her secrets. Granted Marty is, but it was wrong of Natalie to take advantage of that for her own selfish needs. She needs to apologize to Marty and let everyone konw that Marty wasnt completely in the wrong for what went down

• Members

Natalie doesn't owe Marty squat. Marty tortured a pregnant woman for months. She knew for months what the truth was, but was more interested in sticking it to Natalie than in being a friend to John or Jess. Her hatred of Nat trumped everything. Marty got what she deserved- just like Natalie is getting what she deserves. The only people Natalie owes an apology to are John, Jess and Brody. I hope she continues to hate Marty and vice versa. Also, Natalie DID admit to everyone that she was the one who took Marty to the lodge at gunpoint. John and Jess now think Marty was trying to be a true friend to them but all she was really trying to do was get revenge on Natalie. Natalie owes Marty nothing.

• Members

WORD.

Normally, Natalie would be the kind of character that I would gravitate towards. I usually prefer the vixens, but there is something about her that has never worked for me. I'm not a big fan of MA as an actress, but I don't know that is the main reason. I can't put my finger on why exactly Natalie doesn't do it for me.

As for yesterday's show, WTF Charlie? Does he not even question whether or not Echo already knew that Clint was Rex's father? Oy, and he wasn't drunk. When I read the spoiler, I assumed it would be a drunken ONS, but he was fully sober.

Is there some rule that Tess must wear that cheap-looking floral Forever 21 dress every time we see her?

That confrontation between Natalie and Jessica was hilarious to me. It was just a little too campy for me to really take seriously - though not as campy or hilarious as Ford's reaction to finding out he is the father? WHAT WAS THAT? :lol::lol::lol:

Cutter/Josh Kelly is starting to remind me of Rex/JPL, this is NOT a good thing.

• Members

Natalie is the best Buchanan kid in town. Jessica and Joey are downright pathetic. I still can find some enjoyment in Natalie. She was at her best when she worked at BE. Taking her away from there and lowering her back with John has been a downgrade.

• Members

I loved that motion she did with her hand. It was avaatar worthy...lol

I gotta agree. Natalie had no business insinuating herself in John and Marty's relationship. Marty tortured her, but she's no innocent. It wont change anything, but Id love it if Natalie woman'd up, took responsibility for her role in all of this and genuinely apologized to Marty. Marty would most likely tell her to go to hell and rightfully so, but it would still be big of Natalie to make an effort and showing some remorse to her

• Members

Natalie and Marty owe each other nothing. They both did wrong. As for Nata-LIE (good one) sticking her nose in John and Marty's relationship, well... have we forgotten that John was sniffing around Natalie too? It was a 2-way street and the worst thing Nat did was write the guy a letter. Nat didn't cheat on anyone. That was John. John was the one sticking his tongue down Nat's throat after he promised Marty the kisses between him and Natalie at the cabin would never happen again. John was the one dreaming of Natalie in his bed while Marty asked him what he was dreaming of and John lied to her. John was the one who cheated on Marty. He left her right after the baby was lost. He wanted to stay with her out of obligation, yes, but Marty didn't want that. She said it herself: You love Natalie. Even then John didn't have the guts to do what he really wanted. He needed to be pushed. He prefers to be a self-sacrificing martyr more than he prefers to go after what he really wants. Nat didn't tank Jarty. John tanked Jarty.

Since you brought up the past, Marty has quite the track record herself. She stuck her nose in John and Blair's MARRIAGE and before that in John and Natalie's relationship when they were having problems after he came back from the dead. Let's not even mention what she did to Cassie and Andrew. Marty never paid for any of that, by the way.

All Marty cared about this time was revenge on Natalie. Revealing the truth when it was the WORST time for Natalie and the BEST time for Marty (Marty's words). It had little to do with being a friend to John or Jess. If that was the case she wouldn't have sat on the truth over 2 months. All she wanted to do was ruin Nat's life. So again Natalie owes Marty nothing. I would say she owes Marty a slap in the face for trying to steal her son, but Marty was conveniently crazy at the time. I can't wait until Marty is sane again so that Nat and Marty van continue their awesome bitchfest. They owe each other nada.

I am not excusing Nat's behavior at all. She is responsible for everything SHE has done-and she is getting what she deserves. Similarly, Marty is responsible for her own behavior too. Nat hardly forced her to do any of the crazy, awful, horrible things she did. Nat screwed up and she has to face the music now. Can't say the same for others. Marty is in a padded room away from the judging eyes of the town. Hopefully one day John and Jess find out the real truth behind Marty's motivations. Right now they think Marty was trying to help them LOL. I also hope she loses her license to practice medicine. Something tells me not to hold my breath though!

I WILL agree to this: When Marty "womans" up and apologizes to Blair and Natalie for insinuating herself in THEIR relationships... well then Natalie can apologize for doing the same.

Still waiting for John to "woman" up... isn't he the one who owed Marty fidelity??

I do find it interesting that you acknowledge that Marty tortured Natalie, but then go on to say that NATALIE owes Marty an apology for things Natty has done. But Marty doesn't owe Nat one for the torture you mentioned? It must be nice to be Saint Martyr... never having to say you're sorry.

• Members

The show is making a terrible mistake by bringing back Tess. Is it really so difficult to write Jess with a spine? I loved how she tore into Nat but I really liked that moment when John asked her if she would be alright and she looked at him and said "Will you?" I know it wasn't supposed to feel this way but it was almost like she was saying, "I got this, you sorry fool. Why don't you go get a drink and if you feel like eating your gun...bon appetit." After all it was Natalie's sick obsession with him that brought about all this crap.

It's ridiculous that the only two people in this mess who were honest end up having nervous breakdowns. Strength and facing your crap isn't listed as a condition in the DSM-V. Only on ABC is a woman actually handling her business considered a mental illness.

• Members

We have two definitions of torture because wanting to stick it to someone isn't the same as kidnapping and taking them to a remote cabin while holding them hostage at gunpoint. That trumps everything that Marty did to Natalie. And throughout Marty's supposed torture all Natalie had to do was tell the truth and the "torture" would have stopped. She absolutely refused to. As a matter of fact she was the only person who wanted to keep lying while Brody wanted to fess up many times. John practically had to yank it out of her and if she could have gotten away with it, she would have continued to lie to Jessica and Brody hoping John would keep the secret. Natalie is despicable and if she wasn't so selfish and self absorbed Jessica may have been fine. It's the mountain of lies she kept perpetuating that brought Tess out. I may have missed it but I never saw Natalie admit to anyone she took Marty at gunpoint. If this wasn't a soap her ass would be in jail.

Archived