X-Men: First Class

Y&RWorldTurner

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

What? :lol:

But kind of true actually. :lol: :lol: :lol:

The second one was by far the best, though the first one was a great set-up. The Last Stand and Wolverine were just disasters...

Bryan Singer, who of course directed the first two, is producing X-Men: First Class, so the right elements are there for this to be good.

• Members

I feel really bitter about almost every single comic book-turned-feature film. They are almost always completely devoid of soul and complexity, thoroughly watered down versions for mass audiences. Which will in the end probably make of me a believer in the theory that what was written for one medium shouldn't be adapted for another. So although I like a good dollop of special effects and ravishing aerial shots, I think I must start ignoring this interminable production of rubbish.

• Members

God, if there was a ever a movie series that actually needed a reboot. I enjoyed X2 but thought everything else has sucked, especially that horrific Last Stand movie.

For the record, I am/was a huge fan of the 90s cartoon series and read the comics regularly from oh I'd say X-Tinction Agenda saga(though my big collection of X-Men comics goes back to 1983 and the oldest comic I have is Banshee's introduction from 1966!) up all the way to about 2001 or so when I felt the entire franchise seemed to have became one hot mess.

• Members

It looks very generic and bland. Piece was never an option?! :blink::rolleyes: Could they have picked a more cliched line? Apart from that, we have the Russians, Kennedy, missile crisis, submarines, an English country castle. Again – any more cliches possible?!

Blah.

January Jones does look great:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1355875/X-Men-First-Class-tailer-revealed-January-Jones-Emma-Frost.html

Archived