OLTL: Austin Peck Joins the Show

• Members

Austin Peck to OLTL

Soap Opera Digest has learned that Austin Peck (ex-Brad, ATWT; ex-Austin, DAYS) has been hired for a new role at OLTL. He first reports to work on January 31. "In a lot of ways, it's a compliment that they feel I can play this character," he notes. "I don't know what kind of legs this character will have; hopefully, he'll have strong ones. It all depends on how they write him and what I do with what they give me. No matter what, I am going to do my best to bring it alive and have fun." The new gig brings him to the same set as former co-star Terri Conn (Aubrey; ex-Katie, ATWT), also his real-life love interest. "We've both lamented over the past year how much we miss working with each other," he says. "Who knows whether our characters will have any interaction, but the fact that we'll be on the same set on some of the same days is quite a consolation." For more, check out the issue of Digest on sale 2/8.

http://soapoperadigest.com/news/breaking/

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Wow! I guess the show's male cast isn't going to be getting much stronger.

Austin Peck is one of two men I can remember Terri having chemistry with in her ATWT run (Paul Leyden being the other), so perhaps they should just pair up Aubrey and Peck if they are going to keep her around.

I'm half-surprised they didn't cast him as the new Joey.

• Members

I'm quite thrilled they didn't cast him as the new Joey.

I hope this is short-term role. While Terri and Austin had chem on ATWT, I don't care about Aubrey getting another person to skank it up with. Since Terri has joined OLTL, I think there may have been 1 day where Aubrey wasn't in bed or half-naked with someone. It's gotten real old, real fast.

Also, Austin Peck isn't the strongest actor. I DO think that they need more men in his age range because for a long while it was just Todd, John (and I guess Rex) and those three options suck to me. Not a fan of the actors, definitely don't like their characters. Brody's a non-issue because he'll very likely be dead soon and I'm not commenting on the himbos (the Fords). However if they were going to bring someone on in that age range I'd much rather have Dan G's Kevin than Josh Kelly and Austin Peck.

It would be nice if OLTL would stop casting because of someone's physical attributes and look for talent. Frons, Ron and Frank, an older actor with a few wrinkles or that lacks a six pack is OK.

• Members

If Your Going By AP On Days He acting Was Green. But On ATWT He Became More Seasoned. Maybe This Is Recuring To see How It Goes

From AP's Quote It Seems Like This Role will Be A Challenge For Him So Im Excited To See how It All Plays Out.

• Members

If they'd cast him as the new Joey it might have at least meant Joey wouldn't be written as a loser who can't compare to Cookie Cutter and will likely be gone within a year. But I see your point, Austin Peck isn't exactly Nate Fillion or Chris McKenna. He's about even with BMH.

• Members

For every cast member fired they're immediately replaced with a new one. OLTL definitely does not need another newbie be it male or female and it doesn't help that Peck is a LOUSY actor. We can only hope it's short term, but even if it isn't, it's still a bad decision. Frons obviously has a hard on for CBS castoffs.

Archived