DAYS: Three OUT!!!

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Won't miss any of them because the characters were designed for the short term, which is fine, that was the point of them. Good for DAYS for writing them out when it made sense.

As for Jennifer, she can be with anyone, Melissa Reeves has an easy chemistry and looks great. Just please, please keep Matt Ashford OFF my television. He makes me ill.

• Members

Wow, I am just the opposite. While I enjoy watching Kayla for her unique fashion sense, there is something about Jennifer it feels like she belongs there. It isn't really Salem without Jennifer (and a few others) and having her back really helps in making me feel like I am watching the real DOOL and not some weird show that has borrowed the title. I don't even care if she is a lead, or support, or just pops up as needed...characters like Jennifer will one day be characters like Doug and Julie, and it just isn't DOOL without Doug and Julie and so shall it be with Jennifer.

• Members

Dear Lord. From your mouth to God's ears! I would love it if Jennifer & Rafe got a slow-burn flirtation-to-romance out of this.

And IA with DF about Matthew Ashford. May Jack move to Alice Springs or wherever he is permanently.

• Members

Going off (or back on) topic, one thing I will say that this story turned out far better than it would have with Stacy Haiduk playing Jane. I shudder to think of the cartoon the character would have become under her.

I understand that this was a shorter arc and the character most definitely was short-term, but I'd like her to come back down the road, perhaps working for Stefano. I think Gallego gave the character layers and always felt that Jane had a lot going on under the surface. At first, I admit, I was lost in the novelty and nostalgia of having Gallego and Mattson reunited after 25 years. But I really felt Gallego dug deep with the character and I could certainly see her coming back down the line and becoming a more permanent fixture, if done right. I admit, the storyline wasn't always that thrilling to watch, but Gallego made it for me. Mattson was a bit disappointing at first, until she seemingly found her footing. But something about Gallego just said that she belonged there and she brought an authenticity to her scenes that sometimes is hard to come by on DAYS. I always thought she was a good actress, yet never cared for the character she played (probably a testament to her).

But there was something in her delivery here that just made me fall in love with her. I like Bo, Hope, and even Rafe, but man, Warden Jane OWNED all of them when they shared scenes. Kudos to her on a job well done!

• Members

YAY! They are all useless and this storyline is so boring!

Jennifer and Rafe would make a cute couple. But I really love Sami and Rafe together! ... they are so good for each other and plus if they broke up who would Sami end up?!?! I love Sami!

I also heard of someone else leaving ... which makes me wonder ....!! (posted below .. don't look if you don't want to know =) )

. ... Nathan Horton

• Members

I agree about Gina Gallego. She was great in a not so great role. Robin Mattson did finally find her footing. It's a shame that both roles were written so limited. Both are great actresses that deserve to be on soaps on a regular basis. Ty Treadway was horrible. I'm sorry but he's not a good actor. LOL. I didn't mind him on OLTL, but he's acting so wooden on DAYS.

Archived