GH: January Discussion Thread

• Members

No, I wasn't referring to anything you said. I was referring to the fact that this will undoubtedly happen and be touted in the soap press very shortly. The way he patted himself on the back for giving Lexi Ainsworth tips on how to "get it." The way Laura Wright bragged about how he told her she "got it." The way Kirsten Storms mentioned how he came over to her an commended her acting when she first debuted as Maxie. The way he brags about "seeing something more" in Steve Burton and mentoring him. The way Vanity cackles about the way MB told her she needed to learn how to act when they first were paired together.

Now we have Haley Pullos' Molly coming to MB's Uncle Sonny in a bipolar storyline. So now we've got two things in one to stroke MB's ego. A ripe, young actor he can teach how to act AND bipolar disorder which he's the expert on as well and instead they give to Sonny.

The swayback nag is on the loose again? <_<

• Replies 465
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

LOL. That really is how she says it!

ROTFL!!...yeah.

IMO he's not a horrible actor, he can be really good when he's trying. Most of the time it doesn't seem like he is to me though. But even when he's not trying I don't see him exactly as "Horrible". IMO the last time he gave a really good performance was when Sonny found out Claudia got Michael shot, particularly the scenes at her birthday party.

Carly is stuck in High School!

• Members

Not even. She's that 23 year old dropout whose peers have all left to college and has no choice but to hang out with the high school kids... who only appreciate her because she can legally buy them beer. I mean, dear God! That's exactly how I feel when I see this grown ass woman in scenes towering over the likes of Sam, Robin, Lulu, Spinelli, Dante etc. The writers can't inflict her on any of the "mature" characters because they'll chew her up and spit her out.

• Members

When he tries, he's decent. In the early 90's, he was good. In the mid 90's (Stone/Robin/Brenda/Sonny era.) he was great. He was pretty good when SarahBrownCarly and Sonny first got together. But he's been steadily worse since around 2001. For me, I could tell when Tamara Braun stepped into the role of Carly. She was giving it her all, but Maurice just seemed bored to me.

He's seemed bored for 10-12 years, really. He doesn't seem to put any effort into it. He shows up and (sometimes) memorizes his lines. And yeah, that scene with Claudia was pretty good. But it's funny that the only scenes Maurice seems to "shine" in are the ones where he's screaming at and calling women whores. Makes me wonder if it's really "Acting" at all.

• Members

The frozen face rapist hasn't had much chemistry with anyone but they probably think they can use her to prop up Nik. Johnny is used to prop up Lisa, since Brianna Brown has flopped ever since they made the mistake of keeping Lisa around.

• Members

I think Adrianne Leon actually has chemistry with almost everyone she works with. She was one person who actually stepped up and ACTED in scenes with LW, whereas everyone else just sits there and lets her do her snarling. Also, AL has great chemistry with JE.

I think that Brook and Johnny, as well as Brook and Nik, had chemistry. Brook/Johnny was more physical. They were hot together. They seemed like the couple who would start off having beers and using each other for sex, but eventually start to feel for one another.

Nik/Brook seem more emotional first. He was a powerful man who's life crumbled around him. She's a dumb kid who made mistakes. They started out as two lonely people who each had what they other needed. They developed a nice friendship, and they have the chemistry to see that progress into true emotion.

• Members

I thought the mad horse stomped and snorted and neighed all up in that potential pairing because she didn't want Brook distracted from breaking up Lante? It was either she forgot about Johnny and focus on sleeping with Dante, or the nag threatened to cut her off and send her packing to Bensonhurst.

Archived