AMC: Shannon Kane's status?

• Members

Sad she has decided to move on! But most soap stars, except for the few who become "lifers" in daytime, leave sooner or later. Looks like she left of her choice because of her film career. When she wasn't filming, they probably didn't know how much they could write for the character because they didn't know if she would be unavailable again soon. I wish they had recasted though.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I could see her possibly having at least a career as good as Amanda Seyfried /Josh Duhamel have had. Maybe better than that. I could see her landing some nice roles for herself. I hope she does well.

I wonder how the writers will have her leave the show? Maybe the mayor does something that forces her to leave? The mayor is supposed to be causing trouble for her and Brot. Also I wonder what will happen to Brot. I'm not sure what they might do with his character now or if they might try and get rid of him. Maybe they might try and have him come between Frankie and Randi.

• Members

Unpopular opinion I think, but I think AMC should bring Taylor out of that bathroom stall and do something with her & Brot again. Or, why not touch on Colby and Brot's friendship again? I remember I really liked their interactions but AMC just dropped them. I would like to see the show do anything but let go of JR/Brot! Why don't they finally have him tell his mother that he's alive?!

• Members

Well after reading the SOD report - it sounds like she requested time off periodically to do her films, etc. So it sounds like it was her own decision not to be frontburner or at least used MORE than she already was...

Sad to see her go though, but wish her the best of luck! I really liked her.

• Members

It's not surprising to see Shannon is leaving. She is talented and beautiful and has great potential. Brot has potential, too. There are lots of stories for him if they tried. The military angle alone could provide some. And yes, they did drop the ball on his friendship with Colby.

Archived