GH Casting News: James Franco and Khary Payton arrive in PC

• Members

TV Guide has the exclusive that James Franco is returning to PC. GH could get a mention on the Oscar's out of this appearance if nothing else.

LLC tweeted that Khary Payton is joining GH. He is a nice looking guy. He may be the new African American doctor who was supposed to be cast weeks ago. Here is his imdb page: http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1146051/

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Yes he is. He talks on and on about how he wants to "study" soap acting and while, on one end, the story he's involved in completely reeks, he gives so little in his performances and he plays every scene as some sort of SNL caricature.

Not to mention his backhanded compliments and mentions of GH. I'm just totally not interested in anything this guy's selling.

I'd rather the "cool kid" get the hell out of our group and leave us be.

Carl always sums it up better than I could.

• Members

I agree, I have alot of respect for him, cause he's most likely going to be nominated for an Oscar and most actor's would cringe if it was mentioned in Hollywood they were on a soap. Unlike Demi Moore or Meg Ryan or Robin Wright who bash their time on soaps or ignore it all together <_<

• Members

But they don't go up because of anyone else either, so why are we giving Franco this special threshold to cross? I mean, if not raising ratings means never appear again, then there would be no one on the show.

I am happy he is back. I enjoyed both the other stories and look forward to this.

What writings and which performance? And if he looks down on the show what is your theory for him becoming back and then coming back again?

Archived