Well-Dressed Soap Characters (male or female)

• Members

It's an open secret that Constance Towers brings in a lot of her own clothing and jewellery for Helena. And it shows. She looks like a socialite like the late Nan Kempner, Betsy Bloomingdale and Carolina Herrera.

My faves:

Greenlee, AMC -- but then again, I have always loved those Roland Mourat sheath dresses she wears. Granny chic!

Ashley, Y&R,

Steffi on B&B gets some surprisngly good stuff, as does Katie now that she's married to Dollar Bill.

JR, AMC always looks pressed and dapper, even in jeans.

Can't stand the blowhard, but Jack's suits on Y&R are always pristine.

Skye, Y&R.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Does she really? She has exquisite taste then. The clothes and jewellery are always perfect. Interestingly, Constance's husband, John Gavin, was an ambassador to Mexico under Reagan. Constance has been a friend of Betsey Bloomingdale's for a long time. She fits right in.

• Members

JR looks damn good in jeans...damn good. :wub:

I think Liza on AMC always dresses well, I think most of the women on AMC looks better than their counterparts on the other soaps (Marissa/BA excluded, that poor girl must've royally pissed someone off in the wardrobe dept.)

• Members

Which pisses me off because they dressed Marcy Walker like sh!t for her last few years on the show.

Some others I thought of:

Anna DiMera, DAYS

Nicole Walker, DAYS

Wendy Moniz's Dinah, GL

Dorian Lord, OLTL

Blair Cramer, OLTL

David Vickers, OLTL

Olivia Richards, SUN

Annie Douglas, SUN

Ashley Abbott (especially when Brenda Epperson played her), Y&R

• Members

hmm, I can't agree here. This is a slightly color adjusted pic btw, and I think it looks better with the red filter toned down

katea0.jpg

She is wearing some sort of 50s length dress here, ok, but then she has on what can only be called a shmata of a sweater with a vest of some sort and a ton of necklaces and it all just is too clunky and not elegant at all.

• Members

My feeling on Kate's wardrobe is that it's unique, stylish and suited to her personally. I think she carries it off splendidly, that, to me, is being well dressed. She's a fashion risk taker!

Oh yes, how could I forget Mary Smythe...such simple clothing, bold accessories...knocks it out of the park.

Mary.jpg

I am keen to suggest that Anna Stuart, like Constance Towers, may wear her own clothes. I've never seen her look poorly dressed. Anna Stuart's characters dress like French women: simple, tailored, well made clothing set off by bold accessories.

• Members

Are you serious? She is one of the worst dressed. In the past she always looked so sexy in her business suits but around 2004-2005 she started to dress much worse and it's continued. It seems like the older Lauren Koslow gets, the more desperate she is to look young and dress "cool". She looked much better when she had a more mature wardrobe on B&B and DAYS 1996-2004.

• Members

ITA about GH's Helena, she's dressed how OLTL's Dorian should be dressed (and was dressed in the '90s, those sleek shiny suits). But Dorian has certainly rocked some of the highest highs of daytime soap wardrobe, I could rattle off several of the knockout looks that are etched in my brain, which makes her caricature-like lows so painful.

I mentioned this a long time ago when we were on this subject, but I always thought Mary Smythe's style was very Linda Dano-esque and since Linda and Donna are buds IRL I'm almost positive that's no coincidence. And speaking of...

Linda Dano's Felicia Gallant and Rae Cummings... Felicia's wardrobe was like Linda's real-life wardrobe kicked up a few notches. Looking back, we may scoff at the outfits that seem "too much" to us now, but she was always fashion forward for the particular time. Classic example of a woman with her own sense of style, knows what she likes, thinks outside the box, elicits comments like, "Where did she get that?"/"How did she think to put that together?"/"She can pull off anything, I could never get away with that." Rae was dressed more like real-life Linda, and I loved her sleek lines, the modern/contemporary jewelry. We saw this jewelry on Mary, those silver wrist cuffs and such.

Sydney Chase. Another character who borrowed from her portrayer's wardrobe. She looked great every day, she stayed dressed, and she was only on for a year so there was no real time for missteps. Morgan Fairchild also loves color so we got stop light reds, yellows, and greens, yeah, she looked great.

Archived