B&B: December Discussion Thread

• Members

Andrea Evans :)..... so so so happy to see Rebecca Hotchkiss (those who watched Passions catch my drift) back on our screens. (though she is playing Tawny.) I could not help but smile throughout all of her scenes on yesterdays show. and the irony is that i hated her a lot on Passions (her character), but it was mostly a love to hate thing. She just has that presense to her, and i also hope they keep her around, and apparently according to wikipedia she is listed as a contract character, unless that is just someones wishful thinking.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I guess everyone loved the Christmas episodes with the homeless people but it was so over wrought with preachiness I found it rather distasteful. The only time we get to see Black people (sans Marcus) is homeless people who need hand outs ups? But sho' nuff these people may not have much but they damn sho' have their pride so Stephanie literally had to beg the dude to give him a job. Bless his soul. Here comes the Forresters (who have never stepped foot on the streets of LA) with so much cash, er, I mean love, to give that they feed the strays, tell them how great it is to be so giving, and they go right back to living their expensive, elite bubbles where we never see those people again.

BB depicted more homeless Black people on the street of LA in two clips than the show's entire run. :rolleyes:

• Members

^^^I wonder how many cheap acrylic stuffed animals had to be sacrificed so SAggie could have long, flowing locks.

Eh...I didn't particularly think the Xmas shows (when they revolved around "Lady Bountiful"Stephster "giving" Dayzee Insomnia and "gifting" them with jobs) weren't more than a tad patronizing. But considering the crappy camp, plot driven shyt that Bell usually writes, it was still more palatable than most of what passes for "story". Myself, I wondered how the employees CJ put out of work by closing Insomnia would feel seeing someone buy it, but not have a chance to retain their jobs. Of course, they don't count because they probably weren't homeless. *eyeroll*

Now, when the story turned to Taytay turning green with envy because Steph was clearly touched Brooke had taken the homeless issue to heart...that was PRICELESS. Funny our "good" Taylor can't just schlep down to Skid Row and volunteer there herself to vie for Steph's attention, but I guess that's too hard for a PhD to figure out.

Yeah...not impressed with Amber turning up preggo. I wonder if TIIC will remember she's got some female problem and can't carry to term either.

Sorry...I don't like Andrea Evans. Didn't like her thirty years ago as Patty Williams; don't like her now as Ambrosia's trashy mother.

• Members

Loved the Hope/Liam scenes today. Great performances by both actors! I hope Hope can forgive Liam but once Amber comes whisking in and claiming that baby to be Liam's I'm sure she'll bail on him and turn to Oliver! Sad. This story is so cliche and played out!! Amber's mom is fun and I'm liking her involvement but it's just so predictable & blah to me...

I like that Taylor is showing trust for her husband but she's dumb for doing so and she's going to look like a complete fool when the truth comes out.

Archived