Oscars: Franco & Hathaway Hosts!

Sylph

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I am mildly looking forward to this, but yeah.... they try way to hard in recent years. I HATE the "Lets try our hardest to stroke your egos" way of presenting the lead actor/actress awards..... HATE! Also not a huge fan of 10 Best Pic nominees.... it diminishes the awards further because these days there aren't many years when there are 10 worthy films.

• Members

I haven't watched SNL in ages but some of the people at the Deadline site said he was a stiff, awful host.

Franco seems better at this point at promotion than at performances.

It's mostly just a cave in to the big studios. Yes, of course your latest ode to homophobic, misogynist, ugly men who get all the gorgeous women, it's a masterpiece.

• Members

I do not like this idea. I predict two hosts trying way too hard (Anne) or not nearly enough (James). I don't hate AH, but there's just something about her that's a little too... studied? Like she seems "fun" and "cool" but maybe there's a little too much effort involved in that if you know what I mean. And I can just imgine her surrounded by her gay entourage at a restaurant with them all ass-kissing, "OMG Anne, do your Katie Holmes, do your Katie Holmes! She does the *best* Katie Holmes! :D " Let's just hope Franco isn't high. Or is that, let's hope that he is. :ph34r:

• Members

Well, you know, if it aspires to be the most glamorous and prestigious film award in the world... trashy cable channel humour and D-list antics aren't cutting it.

Joan is great, but at her age... it would turn into a grotesque.

Archived