November 15-19, 2010

Toups

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Ouch! Yet thats kinda true

What sucks is that about 75% of the show is currently built around Brenda. The only stories she isnt a major player in are the Luke/Tracy engagement and the Robin/Patrick/Lisa triangle. Aside from those, she is at the center of everythign and everyone. If people arent praising her, they are talking about her. All the men want her and the women are jealous of her. Its overkill and unnecesary especially since her story is so damn boring. Its the SAME story we've been seeing for the last decade on GH, with random mob influence coming to PC to make trouble for Sonny and Jason. She's just used as a front from this but dont get it twisted, this Balkan crap seems just like the stuff we've had before with Sorel, Alcazar, Manny, Zacharra and the other countless mob bosses

• Members

This just made my day as all three soaps deserve their renewals. This is good to know there’s a possibility that all six soaps will remain on the air through at least fall 2013. With ABC/Disney owning all three of their soaps there’s no way their going to cancel them especially with their efforts of trying to save OLTL and AMC the last couple of years.

This told me a whole lot that P&G didn’t do a thing to try and save their soaps. ATWT & GL would still be airing today if it wasn’t for P&G’s I want out of the soap business attitude.

Only question I have is there room for B&B to be an hour soap although I prefer the half-hour due to DVR space? Is there also room for any new soaps on any of the networks. I think one of the three networks specifically NBC needs to create a new soap to spark new needed energy into the lineup. I hate seeing DAYS out there alone all the time.

• Members

I know right, you have to be very naive to think that ABC was cancel any of their soaps anytime soon. People panicked over GL & ATWT getting canceled and thought OLTL was next but the thing they forgot is the situations were a lot different. GL & ATWT were handled by a company that wanted out of the soap business and with the economy the way it was they couldn't hold onto it for anymore years. OLTL was saved by ABC/Disney with being way under budgeted in expensive New York City. It looks like OLTL due to their #1 status will be around for sure through their 2014 commitment.

For those of you calling an AMC cancellation don't be that naive. AMC's budget is cheaper than it was a year ago before they moved to LA hence why they made the move. Its more affordable then it used to be. If ABC isn't going to cancel OLTL then do you really expect them to actually cut AMC before OLTL? You guys know how it goes first its their baby GH then AMC then OLTL. I'm pretty sure the AMC situation is being looked at right now and will be fixed within the next couple of years and then people are going to start praising it like they've done with OLTL lately.

• Members

<span style="font-size:105%;">She is the reason not because it's Brenda/Vanessa per se, she should've made them tune in, in fact, it's the horrid, repetitive stories that are annoying the sh!t out of viewers and eating the show together with her annoying squirrel presence and annoying voice. I seriously doubt people are dumb to pay her as much as they did now that the circumstances have changed and all the enthusiasm has melted, just like her plastic face.

Vanessa Marcil, though, will probably decide to leave after her contract is up. Then again, a melt-face 40-year old actress, whose biggest credits are some woman on a daytime drama in the '90s, the embarrassing Beverly Hills, 90210 gig and an even more embarrassing deep sh!t that was Las Vegas might have nowhere to return to thus deciding to crash her already nonexistent career into a tree staying in Port Charles.</span>

• Members

Vanessa's last return to GH might have annoyed a lot of people but it was half enjoyable and a ratings success. And she won an emmy. I don't think Vanessa will be destitute after this but I do believe her value is going to be diminished. To what extent I have no idea. I never tuned back into watch her and I'm glad. I'll remember Brenda as I last saw her on GH.

• Members

After what the writers of this show have been allowed to do you'd think they'd want to inject some creativity and new blood to bring some fresh ideas on board. I watched them kill off and write off a bunch of beloved characters with no lasting impact, ruin the returns of several fan favorites with poor planning and storytelling, and now Vanessa? There is no way anyone can even pretend anymore that it's the actors involved or anything else. But they will just ride this out and continue on. I really don't think the powers at ABC Daytime see any need to make changes considering in 5 years many of these shows will likely be gone or on their way out.

Archived