Y&R: Old Articles

• Replies 13.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

She and Paul attended Victor and Nikki's wedding in 2002. I don't think they shared other scenes. 

EB overreacted, but I understand his point of views. Soap actors often are considered B-actors, while they have to do the hardest work in the business in the shortest time possible. He knows it. There are actresses, like Julianne Moore, who treasured their time on soaps and are not ashamed of it. Eva Longoria didn't badmouth soap actors or soaps, but she acted like that period of her career was a joke, a part time job. She could have said something nice about YR... she didn't. 

Edited by AlexGrimaldi

• Members

No, she didn't. She pretty clearly stated that the impression her potential clients would have regarding an actor as their headhunter would be a negative one. She didn't even make it specific to soap actors, just acting in general.

• Members

Watching the new intro gave me flashbacks to the sets of the 1980s and I was hoping that someone with expert recall could fill in some of the missing pieces.

IIRC Paul had his offices (with the slanted window) in the same building as Victor Newman.  I don't remember them referencing Newman Towers at the time, in fact, I have a vague memory that George Rawlins developed the building for Ra-Tech, and Paul moved in when he consulted on security for George. 

Jabot was across the street in another highrise

Then there was the building with Top of the Towers (or maybe that was at the penthouse floor of Victor's building?)

And finally, there was the highrise condo building where Victor lived with Leanna, and Jill moved there after her divorce from John.

All of which is to say that Genoa City had a limited number of high-rise buildings in the 1980s and did not resemble the bustling metropolis shown in the most recent version of the opening - correct?

• Members

Maybe you're right, but she said: 'And I would hide the fact I was on ‘Young and the Restless’ to my clients, because they didn’t want, like, a dumb actress handing their accounts'

YR and dumb actress in the same phrase could be misinterpreted, given the fact that soap actors are often understimated. Braeden didn't act like a gentleman, but I can understand his frustration about this habit. I like Longoria, nothing against her.