Y&R: Old Articles

• Replies 13.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

It's the cover of "Restless Style" magazine which is not a real thing. That magazine was a business that some Y&R characters worked at in the past.  I don't know what year that was.

The cover mentions "Genoa City's hot new nightclub Gloworm". 
https://theyoungandtherestless.fandom.com/wiki/Gloworm
and shows Kevin and Chloe all dressed up.

I thought it interesting in that through the years, Y&R periodically has a new place that the characters referred to as the hottest new club or nightspot.

Remember around 2019 or so, Abby opened "Society" with the idea that it would be a trendy place to have supper and listen to quality live music.  And now people just go there for gossip and business lunches.  What happened to it being a supper club?

Now in 2022 we have "The Glam Club" that Noah runs.  Will anything glamorous happen there? It seems to have already defaulted into a place to have meetings because most of the characters don't have home sets or office sets.

Elizabeth Hendrickson posted that image because it was a cool pic of her and Greg Rikaart back in the day. 

I'm curious, to ask, for those who were watching back when the Gloworm club existed, what was it like?

Edited by janea4old

• Members

In my memory it was a rather tacky looking set (supposed to be a remodeled Indigo Jazz club, once owned by Neil???)  in which Judith Chapman was prancing around as Gloria, sometimes funny but quite often not so much. I think it was during that time that Tad Shackleford was feautured quite promimently as her "loverman" Jeff. 

• Members

Never let it be said that for a small mid-western town Genoa City didn't have a lot of nightlife options.  But, if Kevin hadn't been such a pyromaniac they all would still be going to Gina's.  Where everyone from CEO John Abbott to local doctor Snapper Foster might break into song at any moment.

Edited by j swift

• Members

Damn. I used to rush to watch any classic Restless episode on YouTube back when things were scarce. Now that the show's content has become more abundant I've become more relaxed when new stuff comes out.

That's a reminder to soak up as much y&r content on YouTube that's not in the vault as you can because it will eventually be taken down. 

Edited by ironlion

• Members

I'm In Mourning for the RR channel was in the middle of a Bing watching of Felicia's Crossover back in 2008, I asked about July 5 2007 when Brooke Made an apparition and the Adm very graciously reuploaded it, I feel guilty

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

I don’t even understand how the YouTube police find them.  I’m pretty sure R R’s playlists were unlisted.  

While I’m here (and since I never post) I want to thank all of you that keep the Y&R of yesteryear alive by collecting and sharing these episodes.  I’ve watched/rewatched them for years but never took the time to say a proper thank you. Your hard work does not go unnoticed.

Please register in order to view this content