Y&R: Old Articles

• Replies 13.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Ok! Back to my meeting with John Silva! :D Well he is still very good looking in person and a VERY nice guy! He was staying at the hotel for a wedding. He said that recently a woman came up to him at the airport and asked him why they didn't follow through with pairing John with Nina. He said he was stunned because that was a story they teased for 6 episodes. He couldn't believe that somebody would remember a specific story that only lasted 6 episodes.

On the subject of why he isn't on the show anymore, he said he was married to Rhonda Friedman, who has been a producer on B&B forever and when they got divorced she didn't want him there so he was gone. He said thats why you never see him when they have those anniversaries and events where he would likely show up, it is intentional. I told him that the Bell's are basically shut out of Y&R now so now would be the perfect time for him to return. He seemed shocked when I got him up to speed on things. He'd heard of Maria Bell writing the show and stuff, but didn't realize where things were now.

• Members

How interesting and cool.....:D you are so lucky!!! :D

I think it's great that he is still recognized, I would've told him I was hoping they paired him with Nina too.....and also asked what it was like to work with Tricia, Lauralee, M.Damian, M.Corbett, Jeanne, Jess, and even Kimberlin.....did you get to ask him about any of his old co -stars Chris?

I find it a little silly that his ex would keep him from staying on the show, not that I don't believe him but there must be more to the story.....

Rafe should have been a relative of Silva's maybe his nephew....that is if the show ever really cared about extending his family or following through with a gay story.....(Rafe competing for Harding with Kevin!!!.....haha just kidding....)

• Members

Watching the Lorie/Victor scenes, it would have been intriguing to see what could have happened had JLB just taken a hiatus rather than leaving the show. I think her Lorie would have been a real force for Nikki to reckon with. VM is also so subtle yet on point in her scenes. I do prefer McCook as far as acting in the Lance role, though Cole is better eye candy. I remember Cole from several appearances on Charlie's Angels.