VH1: Mob Wives

Sylph

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Members

Ive learned from reality television that nothing good can come from women gathering together for a dinner party, especially when there are unresolved issues. Of course this one got physical. Carla's alot tougher than I thought she would be. Im changing my opinion on Renee. Hated her at first but liking her more with each episode. She acts all tough on the outside but really she's a softie

• Members

LOVE this show. Absolutely addicted to it.

I actually like all the women in different ways.

Renee's a huge cry baby and is, paradoxically, the hardest, nastiest, baddest bitch on the show.

Carla I probably like the least because her son is a despicable brat and she doesn't do anything about it.

Drita I probably like the best because she seems like an excellent mother, has a good sense of humour and has the good sense to take off her high heels when she throws down.

Karen is good but a little repetitive, I know you're writing the book Karen, get back to fighting with people and seeing your dad's old haunts, that's where the juice is.

• Members

Finished the first episode last night. It needs to build but these women are compelling and so is that whole mob/omerta environment. Drita is the stand-out for me, with her shards-of-glass voice and take-no-prisoners attitude. I could have sworn she was 100% Italian -- she looks exactly like a friend of mine whose family originally came from Naples.

Carla, I'm getting the least from. I'm sure that will change, though. They had a preview of some Renee/Carla fight and these two were literally ripping the hair from each other's head.

• Members

Sorry just can't get into this at all it's just not authentic. Renee clearly has a flare for the dramatic, she seems like the girl who never got to pursue her dreams for theatre and is living it out on this show (the joke is she really authentically seem unstable but I don't JUST find those things amusing). The rest eh, Drita had some potential but I can't watch her and not pity the unhealthy life that she's wrapped up in and it's not that it seems exciting to grab me, it just seems sad. Karen seemed like she had the most potential but she just started failing me especially how her and Renee made up that all just seemed tooo scripted. The scripting is being over done here. And the other one is just there. I'm sure these women are interesting in their own rights, I just don't like how the stories are being played out

• Members

Dear Lord, Daytime Fan, what have you wrought?! I am fully ADDICTED to this show. Canot take my eyes off of Drita and I feel sorry for Renee to the extent that she both loves and loathes the gilded cage in which she has grown up.

Also I'm glad the show has moved on from the rivalries within the group to carry some story linked with Drita's loneliness, Carla's no-good boyfriend and Renee's attempts at dating outside of the mob. :lol:

• Members

Wasn't Episode 7 the one where Drita and Renee went online to search for non-mobster tail for Renee? Because that is the one I watched yesterday.

Karen is interesting to me, she is obviously smart and enjoys playing people against each other. And she can be two-faced. One to watch...

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

Karen needs to get over her damn self. I'm glad she got her ass kicked -- she's been playing the wives since she came, pitting one against the other against the other. And I didn't get that it was Lee who cheated on Drita with Karen, I thought it was a previous bf of Drita's who Karen kissed...? I'm surprised because Drita and Lee seem to have a very strong physical and emotional connection -- which is why she cannot bring herself to divorce him. Whatever, I was exhausted when I watched this and it got pretty incoherent with the screaming. Drita don't play, people! And the fact that they were pummelling each other on top of a flattened Renee will never not be funny.

Archived