AMC: Actor Out?

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Keep hope alive. One down, three to go.

It's a shame because I actually like TK as a person (what I know of him, that is) and he'll always have my heart for making sure the show did right by Eileen Herlie but Zach is one of the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse where AMC is concerned.

• Members

I really think it's the couples that are the problem more than the individual characters. I hated Zendall with a passion at one point and I thought I hated Kendall, but without Zach, I find her really likable. Maybe it's the new writers, maybe it's the long break, idk.

I find the same to be true with Greenlee. I really liked her when she was away from Ryan. Now that they are getting together again, I find myself liking her less and less.

This doesn't hold for Ryan though. I dislike him under almost all circumstances, but Madison made him tolerable to me.

• Members

I agree. I have ambivalent feelings about this actor, too. Without his vociferous support, I don't think Herlie would have gotten the full-episode send-off that she had, so for that I am thankful to TK. I also truly think he is a much better actor than the role of Zach ever allowed him to be. He obviously chafed at its limitations, and I always admired how open he was about AMC's writing being crap when it was, indeed, crap.

On the other hand, he is a prima donna. The show bends over backwards to accommodate him in a number of things and he always seems grumpy about it. Everybody knows he got James Scott fired from the show, for reasons which may have not a little to do with TK's ego. I'm sure his salary has been as generous as his frontburner status, and he complained about the fact that he was always on, which I always thought was a bit rich. Meanwhile, long-standing MVPs on the show got the shaft or the backburner cafe!

Your point about "the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse" is :lol: And scary. Because that army of suck are a TEAM. One may be down but three of them can still inflict maximum damage. Their asses all need to be canned (and while I hate the idea of firing anybody in this economy, I have no doubt that Budig/Minshew/Mathieson would land on their feet. Heck, Budig and Mathieson are no stranger to pulling double-duty while on AMC. If GMA don't want to give Cameron his job back, surely "Good Morning Manitoba" or "Ahoy There Winnipeg" would welcome the prodigal son back across the border).

• Members

This news doesn't surprise me or bother me that much. Zendall is decent when it comes to chemistry but their writing has truly destroyed them.

As for Cam and Rebecca, I think they'd be MUCH more likeable and keepable in different orbits. But the show REFUSES to understand that and forces them together and down everyone's throats. Don't they see how much better the ratings were with David was with Greenlee?

• Members

Such a stupid move on DK/DS's part to be pimping Griffin/Kendall already. Reminds me of when David Kreizman said that Caleb would "replace" Adam.

AM is going to leave when her contract is up (which can't be that far off) so really how long can they have her mourning Zach for before she moves into this pre-determined epic romance with Griffin and is referring to Griffin as the love of her life? A couple of weeks?

• Members

It is a stupid move, but I expect nothing less from these writers.

Though I'm calling it now, Kendall/Griffin become close and right when they start some romance, Zach turns up alive and Z/K end up leaving PV together. Probably our May sweeps story, and why they will rush Kendall/Griffin.

• Members

Kendall: [sniff. Sniff] Zach is dead!

Greenlee: Don't worry Kendall, I came back from the dead, and so will Zach.

Angie: You know, she's right. Jesse was dead for 20 years and he came back to me.

Tad: Dixie thought that I was dead, but I actually had amnesia. And then I came back to her. Together forever. That's of course, until she died. But well she didn't really die. She came back from the dead only to die for real. I think. Maybe she's still out there.

• Members

According to interviews she's done, her and her husband are renting a place in LA and he commutes to NY for his businesses. She has also said in an interview that they want to raise their daughter in NY, so they are eventually moving back.

She could decide to stay (anything is possible) but I doubt she does, and her contract is up sometime this summer I think.

Archived