• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Another DOOL history project on my blog: I've started a revised history of the show, minus SORASing -- but substituting age-appropriate characters for the ones who appeared onscreen. (For example, Kristian Alfonso still shows up in 1983, but she isn't playing Hope, who's still only 9 at that point.) I've done 1965-79 so far, and the rest will be coming shortly...

• Members

The character really didn't shine until they had her marry Lucas for cash. 

I love the people going NOOO about John/Hope too. That must have been a Corday yearning or something given that it popped up yet again a few years ago. 

Soap fans never really change. I guess if there's any difference now it would be people would probably be using more profanity...well that and no one on soaps now would take fan questions that are so unfiltered. The mid/late '90s was something that ended up being sadly fleeting in that area.

• Members

Yeah some of those questions cracked me up.

1999 was the year Nicole started to become more interesting. First when she married Lucas, and then later when she started drinking. Arianne Zucker's acting also improved when she started working more with John Aniston and Lauren Koslow.

• Members

That totally saved her. I loved when she turned into a boozehound, drowning her sorrows at New Years (I think a drunken Nicole picked a fight with Celeste that year!) and all around the old Kiriakis mansion. And they missed an opportunity, pairing her with Austin Peck's Austin around the 2000-2002 era. 

• Members

Charlotte Ross recalls her Days stint as Eve

Ross' first TV role — right out of high school — was initiation by fire, thrown as she was into a frontburner storyline that involved a lot of eavesdropping ("They called me The Lurker") and threatening the Frankie/Jennifer romance. 

"It was 40 pages of dialogue a day, but it was a dream come true," she recalls of her debut as Eve, a "bitch you love to hate" kind of character. 

"I went to work in the dark, I came home in the dark and there was no hiatus, but it taught me a wonderful work ethic.

Freaky fact: On "Days", Ross played daughter to Charles Shaughnessy, but four years later they were cast as lovers in a TV-movie. 

"I had to straddle him on a pool table, and I remember thinking this is the most incorrect thing!"

Edited by Paul Raven