DAYS: Behind the Scenes, Articles/Photos

• Members

Of course, it's Susan Hunter's fault, too. But, it's not that Julie wants some generic guy who has already been married & divorced & who has a child, no, she wants David & she wants David to be an honorable man & do the right thing. Susan Hunter & Julie were best friends before a man came between them. Julie & David were in love before he screwed up one night & now they have consequences. This is classic set-up, iconic relationship stuff where we're going to see what happens if we put these people in this situation.

Please register in order to view this content

• Replies 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Thanks so much for relating the BTS! They seem like lovely people. It sounds crazy that they would let her contract expire but maybe they were more relaxed about things then. Maybe they did more on a handshake.

I'm sure he had plenty of people he loved writing for. Flannery & Trish Clayton were the only ones to move from DOOL to Bell, weren't they? And, only Jamie Lyn Bauer, the reverse trip.

• Members

He thought David was too old for Julie.  She was still in high school when they first started dating.  And I think David had been in some kind of trouble earlier (as had Julie, of course, lol). 

He created a role for SSH on Y&R after she left Days in the 80s, and supposedly she was his first choice to play Stephanie on B&B.   Margaret Mason was on Y&R, and Robert Clary was on both Y&R and B&B.

• Members

I know there was backstory there, but why the secret from Susan?  If they were bff Julie never told her about David?  It's not like David/Susan are a love match.  I don't see why they don't come clean with Susan.  Why all the secrecy?  Besides it being a soap.

Why is David hanging around with such young girls lol?  

• Members

I thought that's what I heard as well, but I thought maybe it was only in reference to Susan's age and didn't go back to check.  Anyhow, maybe Tom just thought Julie was too young/immature to be a wife.   So to be clear, not just to you, but anyone who can answer, Julie/David were not sleeping together before the marriage correct?

• Members

This made me laugh. In my house we talked about the Hortons like friends at the supper table. I think my whole family would have been scandalized so even if I hadn't seen something because I was in school, I think it would have been mentioned! I can only say I don't think so. That sounds like a fan version of AltDays.

• Members

I can see what you're up to! You are going with facts, or consistency, even worse.

Amazing how these folk with such high moral fiber can turn a corner & everything's the same has become time for a change. But, if they were sleeping together I don't think anyone knew it. Maybe Tom just had good instincts, not that forbidding people to see each other has ever been effective.