October 18-22, 2010

Toups

• Members

We must have been watching two different shows, because I thought that ATWT wasn't even a soap during its last two years. IMO, it was definitely the worst soap on the air, and that was reflected in its ratings. The last week showed that Passanante thought she was writing an episodic show instead of a serialized soap opera, and she had no idea how to write a longterm storyline, that woman would start and end storylines over the course of three days.

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

May I just co-sign your post!! And they are obviously being very tactical here. I want to see how they do in the 1st 4 weeks of the show..and also if they increase viewership for this week as well. The difference in cost to produce 1 episode of The Talk vs. OLTL that has been on air for how many years with all their named stars - let's just say CBS' ROI on this is big. Hopefully they saw some of what didn't work well in the 1st week and will look to change that.

And I agree with your above post too...it is all about the MONEY and the bottom line..and that is all the shareholders and the CBS executives care about right now and rightly so.

• Members

I meant ratings wise...dignity.....ABC continues to push their awful soaps....how many baby kidnappings does ABC have this week?....2....on OLTL and GH...same story...loony women wants man..so she kidnaps child......poor AMC....Ryan and Greenlee again.....recycled trash all over again.....any wonder the ABC soaps are in toilet ratings wise.

• Members

I think Sharon Osborne and Sara Gilbert can each bring something different to a show. Julie Chen is not going anywhere.

I don't know if any of the others are worth keeping around. I know I have tried to watch and Leah Remini's honking makes me turn the channel, as it seems like she's auditioning for Duck Hunt.

• Members

That's what I said in the very first "Talk" thread. It's only been one week. But regardless of whether the ratings hold steady or not The Talk is cheap. That's all that matters to CBS. I understand that the ATWT and OLTL folks care about this show's ratings for their own reasons but it's not going anywhere. At least not for a while.

• Members

Actually I agree with part of that LOL...but guess what that would even make them more money!! :lol: I can tell you that CBS is not feeling very sentimental to soaps right now especially with the 2 sucky ones we have left..but they will hang with them until they can replace them if they don't shape up soon and in a big way. How long, who knows, but it's getting "very thin".

I can barely stomach Y&R right now and that's from hardly watching the show but reading recaps...my brain cannot compute stupidity for this long.

Archived