Scream 4 Trailer

JackPeyton

• Members

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t-AwYCiNz2E?fs=1&hl=en_US&rel=0"></param><param'>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t-AwYCiNz2E?fs=1&hl=en_US&rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t-AwYCiNz2E?fs=1&hl=en_US&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Ok, so obviously Sookie Stackhouse & Veronica Mars are playing roles in the newest Stab movie inside the movie, and i am gonna bet that Annie Wilson and Aria Montgomery are watching it and then they are killed. Also, look closely, they are in the house Drew Barrymore lived in in the first Scream.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I am a massive Scream 1 and 2 fan. I see disaster maybe even worse than I did with Scream 3 with this... Seriously, I'd love to be proven wrong--but the lack of Kevin Williamson (who admittedly is, just like Wes Craven, the very definition of extreme hit or miss) is a huge problem. Who cares if he did the story outline--as Scream 3 proved what made his scripts was much more tha actual dialogue.

Craven has come back from awful films before, but the fact that My Soul to Take was SOO awful (and I actually, foolishly, had high hopes that it would at least be a fun return to classic Elm Street) doesn't make me too optimistic. And the brief bits of dialogue in the trailer (wha there are NEW rules?!? again?) Don't leave me too optimistic...

And kill scenes from the POV of a home movie? Yawn. Maybe I'm getting old. (I'm sure I'll be there opening night :P )

• Members

I think this looks far better than scream 3 and possibly scream 2.

I could be wrong, but im pretty sure, at most, you see one death on a video cam. It seems like everything else we see normal, and a video cam is just there. Also, kevin williamson did write the script, they just brought in someone else to rework it a little, from what i hear the main changes were the opening, tweeking of the roles of Emma Roberts & Hayden (it is sucky what they did to Haydens role, actually...), and minimizing the parents roles.

On a sidenote, You expected My Soul To Take would be... good? Im sorry, but.. really? It was exactly what i expected it to be, kind of like Drag Me To Hell except less aware of what it really was. Writing has never been Cravens strong point.

I also like how big the cast is in this one. It really is much more of en ensemble, and therefor the body count will be higher B) I also like they are back in the hometown, and there appear to be a lot homages to the first one. It makes sense too that some of these teens are obsessed with Sydney and the murders and the stab movies.

I will be really disappointed tho if one of the main three doesnt die.

Eric, we must find something someday to agree upon, lol.

• Members

Kevin said at a recent convention that very little of his dialogue remains in the script (though he admitted he's not very aware of what's actually been filmed) and some of his plotting is changed.

I dunno, I think you raise fair points, and I freely admit to being way too cynical about all this. (A while back I was going to rewatch Scream 3 to see if I misjudged it, but couldn't bring myself to :P What I remember most is the one scene that was in there verbatim from Williamson's original treatment--the spooky stuff where Sydney gets all disoriented when she's in the set of her house--was by far the one idea that really worked).

I think though one mistake I see with it is the George Lucas idea to make this "another trilogy". If they were just focusing on making one more movie, and then seeing how that did, I would be less cynical.

(JP I think we *kinda* agree, *in theory* on an awful lot. ^_^ But you have a point)

"On a sidenote, You expected My Soul To Take would be... good? Im sorry, but.. really? It was exactly what i expected it to be, kind of like Drag Me To Hell except less aware of what it really was. Writing has never been Cravens strong point. "

Disagreed. Besides Scream, every single one of his better movies have been the ones he's written. Hell, even his script for the movie of Flowers in the Attic which has leaked (and he was fired cuz the studio found it too disturbing--ie keeping the incest of the book) is pretty good (well as good as an adaptation of Flowers could be).

I admit he's often better at IDEAS than dialogue--btu that was enought o carry the first Nightmare, make the third Nightmare (based on his treatment) one of the better sequels, and make New Nightmare vastly ahead of its time (Williamson has even credited its post modern take on horror as one of his biggest inspirations).

OK Shocker, his first attempt at a Nightmare retread is awful, and Serpent and the Rainbow whcih he didn't write is pretty great, but otherwise, I stand by that. Still, just to be clear I never thought Soul to Take would be great by any means, just a fun movie, not the mess it turned into.

• Members

I agree with you on his ideas. His own movies have been his best, but not really because of the script. Last House on the Left, The Hills have Eyes.. his early films were just shocking and raw, and he has admited to having a script but really going off of it when directing.

The first nightmare is a good script, but if you really dive into the history of it his original script was edited by a few people and they went off the page when making the movie when he felt needed, that his storng suit directing and having complete control IMHO. As for the third one, they kept little to nothing of his idea. I forget right now what his original plans were for the third one, but when i heard it i was glad they changed it. I think the main thing they kept was the mental part of it all. New Nightmare is his best work, and that script is a fantastic read from start to finish. Its influence was clearly felt in the horror movies that came after it.

Shocker is awful, and Rainbow is great but as yous aid he didnt write it, same with Red Eye, and the people under the stairs.

I think hes a great director, but a ok writer.

• Members

Kevin, much as i love him, seems bitter and i do not blame him. I think its amusing he amits to not being very aware of what been filmed but says little of his script remains. I guess we will see when his final script is leaked and the actual final script and movie come out.

Scream 3 is honestly so awful i never want to see it again, and i LOVE a lot of awful [!@#$%^&*].

As for there being another trilogy, i think they have to plan for that. to just write one movie with no real plan set forward for another makes the squeal crappy.

But for me all it comes down is this.... the movie looks fun, entertaining, and like it could have an interesting plot. Thats all i need from a movie.

• Members

lol Scream 3 was my favorite so I'm definitely looking forward to this. I know I'm in the minority, but I loved it. Thought it was very funny and liked that it was more of a thriller. All the Stab stuff and Parker Posey made that film. This new one seems like it could be all over the place. We know Kruger didn't have a good amount of time for re-writes and they were constantly rewriting the film. It'll be interesting to see how it turns out. I'm very curious about that first kill.

One problem I have with the trailer is that is basically gives away that Gail dies. If that isn't a fake out, then it's lazy storytelling. She's one of the originals and they're giving away such a huge twist. Of course at least one of them will die, but you don't have to spoil it in the very first trailer lol.

• Members

parker posey was the worst part about S3, IMHO... lol.

I do not think they give away at all that Gail dies. I find it very interesting that she places that camera in there and then is showen taking the mask off. However, i do hope that she dies as i like her the least of the main three and i do feel one must die.

• Members

Honestly, I think Sydney should die, for sure. If they are trying to make this a new trilogy, Neve Campbell won't want to be involved, so I think she should be the last kill of the film, and have Emma Roberts character (as I think she's connected to Sydney) take over as the lead.

• Members

I read there is a party and everyone has to wear a mask to get in. And I do think it seems likely she will die. Most of her scenes in the trailer are clearly from the same sequence. Then it ends with the killer above her and her saying "Do it if you have the guts" then you see the knife going down. I don't see how she could get out of that unless it's a clip from Stab or a dream. Plus we know Courtney wrapped filming before everyone else due to Cougartown. Of course films are shot out of order so that could mean nothing. Kirsten Bell and Anna Paquin didn't film their stuff until the majority of the film was already shot.

Killing Sydney is just such a huge, huge move. If anyone should be a constant it's her. I don't want Dewey as the last one standing lol. Especially if they're setting up a new trilogy I'd leave that until the final one. I just don't want her death to be underwhelming.

The two Gail's were just classic. Only thing better would be if they got Tori Spelling to reprise her role as "Sydney."

• Members

But they all signed on knowing it was going to be a new trilogy. And let's get real, Neve's career hasn't exactly blown up lol. She's stayed busy and made some quality films. Also, the short lived series she did for NBC was actually very good, but she's not buzzworthy anymore. This could help her career a lot. If it's a success I'm sure she'll do it. And they can also write the script 3 ways like with Scream 3. No Sydney, very little Sydney and Sydney as a lead character.

Archived