Y&R: Melody on Nikki's Drinking

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I did like the interview though. I just replaced every "I don't know" type of answer with a, "I hate these f***ers but I can't say that on the record."

And you notice that yet again MTS is given a story when it's time to bail out a creatively bankrupt show. They're lucky to have her.

• Members

Carl, she was in Mexico...what happens in Mexico, stays in Mexico. At least on Y&R. I actually loved those scenes: "My name is Nikki and I'm an alcoholic but please, please love me anyway people!", "El-Vodka!", "VIIIIIICCCTOOOOOOOOOOOOOUUUUUUUUURRRRR What am I gonna do NOOOOOOOOOOOWWWW.....OOOOHHHHHHHHH!" as the rain pelts her till she's soaked to the bone

I love Jeanne Cooper as drunk Katherine for her scary/bitter angle and I think Linda Dano's drunk Felicia on AW was probably the most realistic...but for my money, drunk Nikki is all kinds of epic. Melody Thomas Scott's mannered body language, which is sometimes odd to watch normally, just enhances the character when she's drunk.

She sounds happy on the show, I hope Y&R continues to give her these delicious scenes.

LOVE that it's Jill who reports her, a Jill/Victor scene is always welcome by me!

• Members

I know many of you like her but everytime I read an interview with MTS I can't help it.

She comes across as so bland and dumb. She has grown as an actress and is doing a great job right now, I give her that, but her personality is as rich as Joshua Morrow's. Many of her answers just echo that blandness that is Nikki to be part of her, too.

• Members

I don't think she's the brain of the century but neither do I think she is a total bimbo. MTS is one of those women who disses with a look and not necessarily with a well-turned phrase. She doesn't have to elaborate on stuff. She doesn't have to move fast. She takes her sweet, unhurried time. It's a quality she certainly shares with Nikki.

Somebody who came across as a real bimbo in a web interview with Mr. Smartypants was my lady Katherine Kelly Lang. It breaks my heart to say this because I love her as Brooke but, boy. How on earth did she get to where she is with that little brain-wattage?

• Members

So what is Melody's status these days? she has a frontburner storyline right now, and is on more than she was earlier in the year. I wonder if Ed Scott coming as EP to B&B has something to with the fact that Melody is getting all this screentime now? hmmmm..... ;)

• Members

Glad to see Melody reiterate that Nikki should not have become a businesswoman. Nikki is better of focusing on her love life,friends and family and being lady of the manor.

it was the same with Katherine when they were suddenly proclaiming her as a legendary businesswoman, when all she had ever done was sign the checks.

Archived