GH: Daniel Benzali joins the show

• Members

I've got say I've never heard of him :huh:

http://www.tvguide.com/News/Exclusive-Daniel-Benzali-1024208.aspx?rss=breakingnews&partnerid=popeater&profileid=breaking

The much-acclaimed actor Daniel Benzali (Jericho, Murder One, NYPD Blue) is heading to General Hospital to play the role of patient Theo Hoffman.

First seen December 6, the character will be admitted to the hospital and develop a friendship with troubled heroine Robin Scorpio (Kimberly McCullough). But an ABC rep tells us "there is more to Theo than meets the eye."

In recent months, GH has hired many film and primetime notables (James Franco, Bruce Davison, Adrienne Barbeau, Michael Learned) to add luster to its roster of regulars. In fact, the ABC soap seems to be in a neck-and-neck race with CBS'sThe Young and the Restless (David Hasselhoff, Sean Young, Eric Roberts, Michael Badalucco) over who can score the most big names. The star wars continue!

101011mag-DanielBenzali1.jpg

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I notice they don't mention both shows have DROPPED during this stunt casting. And most of these people have either never been "stars" or have not been stars in 20-30 years.

Benzali is a good actor but to hype him as a "star" is strange. I remember him mostly because of all the hype surrounding Murder One, and how brilliant he was and the show was and endless time the press spent patting them on the back. Then the ratings tanked and he ended up being fired.

Archived