Top Posters In This Topic

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Soapsuds

• P.J.

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I doubt they could've done anything with a couple of months anyway the show totally revolved around Fluffy at that time.

Found some JM clips.....

The scenes she had on her return were better than anything ATWT had the last two years on the air......the only thing that messed up those scenes was Fluffy taking air time again....

• Members

I will never understand the over-inflated hatred towards Teri Conn and the character of Katie. There's disliking and hating a character, which is normal, then there's the attribution of everything wrong with the show for last 10 years to one character when there were tons of characters who, IMO, were more destructive than she was. Roger Howarth's mopey, depressing ass Paul moping around Oakdale for years did nothing to help.

Character aside, TC always spoke respectfully and reverently of the show and its veteran cast members. I'm finding it hard to see why she merits so much vitriol.

• Members

I've posted on this board with you and PJ for at least 10 years lol I already know what both of you have to say. We watched the same show, so it's safe to say we have a difference in opinion on a lot of what went down.

Here's how Teri/Katie ranked in the episode counts the last few years:

2006: #10 (141 of 251 episodes)
2007: #2 (153 of 251 episodes)
2008: #7 (117 of 253 episodes)
2009: #12 (88 of 252 episodes)
2010: #6 (72 of 183 episodes)

I would hardly the say the show totally revolved around her when there were other performers who were in the top 5 for all of those years (including 2 consecutive years at #1...).

Edited by All My Shadows

• Members

Hal was from Alva, Kentucky. The story was about him reconciling with his father. His mother had encouraged him to go to college after his brother Billy died in a mining accident. Hal hadn't been back since. I think Half and Barbara got remarried there while she was pregnant with Will. In fact Will is named after his uncle. They did occasionally mention it for a while, especially when Hal's niece Tess came to town. She was played by  Parker Posey. 

If memory serves, Fairwinds was still being used at the end. Paul and Emily were living there. Fairwinds started out as the Mediterranean style home Damian and Lily lived in. It then underwent a mysterious remodel into a more traditional mansion with plenty of dark wood. Carly owned it briefly (the only time she had money). It was where Babs lived while burned, then Craig and Ro, and then Paul bought it. Maybe at some point they stopped referring to it as Fairwinds, and by the end the set was chopped down like all the others. 

I think the thing about Ruxton Hills was it was Steve's development, and one the fire happened, he went bankrupt. But that's a very long time ago, and details are fuzzy. 

Um...no. Every once in a while some pops up on my timeline about either Peck or Conn, and I snicker. The more pious it sounds, the more I RME. 

But... I'm petty like that.

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

I heard a slightly different story: She committed to doing at least a solid 10-20 minutes of material as Frannie (which is a lot for a guest star celebrity on a 42-minute soap opera) , but Goutman then proceeded to take this as implicit permission to write her into several shows. Julianne's management freaked out and demanded her time then be cut down. It was Goutman that messed it up.

• Members

Thanks PJ. Yes, Hal and Barbara's remarriage in Alva is what I was thinking of. Did Hal's parents ever feature on the show again? Or was it just Tess? I do remember Parker Posey's stint as Tess.

I'd forgotten that Steve's construction company was involved in developing Ruxton Hills. That was during Steve's last year on the show.