Y&R Discussion for the week of 9/27

• Members

Clearly the "dynamic" of Sharon & Phyllis have become the most fascinating,of the foursome to the writers, I guess it's a contest to see who of the two can demean themselves more. Characters that used to have some class are now so ewe. What is the point of having Jack and Phyllis sleeping .... oh why even bother asking

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I love this thread! :lol:

I agree that Joshua Morrow is a complete waste of space - has he done any decent acting since Cassie's death?

A big thumbs down to a Shick reunion - how predictable and boring! :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Sharon Case has far more chemistry with Michael Muhney, and both of them want Shadam. :D

MM is looking mighty fine, he's filled out nicely, some shirtless Adam stuff coming up soon too, according to his Twitter. :D

• Members

I really don't think Shick is reuniting right now. The really WTF thing about the quad is that Nick(!!) is the only one behaving himself right now. He seems to be pretty focused on Sharon, meanwhile she's making eyes at Adam. laugh.gif This is for the best because that manwhore really does need a break. His character was becoming a joke with all the back and forth between Shyllis. Now he's trying to be a family man and he's about to get his ass handed to him by Adam of all people. I think this may create some sympathy for Nick, which he desperately needs, imo.

I agree that Sharon and Adam look good together, but I'm sorry they are doing this to Sharon's character. This is one more reason they shouldn't have killed off Colleen. If they wanted to give Adam a love interest, it shouldn't be Sharon or Ashley, but there aren't that many other options. Every time I see MM and Marcy Rylan in a scene together, I immediately think, "oh, they would be hot". Then I remember A) She's playing his sister. B. She's playing a 21 year old.

If they cared anything about Mac a Mac/Adam pairing might have been interesting. She's the only one I can imagine befriending him.

• Members

Not even Sharon's mom, Doris? Because, if Papa Bell were around, at the very least, we'd get a triangle between those two and Sharon. (Yes, I know Doris is wheelchair-bound. That would make the temptation between Adam and Sharon even stronger.)

• Members

Word. Mac/Adam could have written itself. He starts out using her because of her Chancellor connections and then falls for her. Mac may actually be the only character that has the power to (yes, I'm going to use that word) redeem Adam. Really, nothing can, but if anything or anyone could, it is an in character Mac and Adam falling for her in a selfless way. Maybe even a selfless love for Mac on Adam's part, while Mac only sees Adam as a friend.

The writers think they can go that route with Sharon, but it doesn't work on any level. Adam brings Sharon down, she doesn't have the power to lift him up. He let her think her baby is dead. Not much is truly unforgivable in this world, letting someone think their baby is dead is something that not only cannot be forgiven, but shouldn't be forgiven . No matter how much chemistry MM and Case share (and I do see it) this doesn't work. It makes Sharon look incredibly bad and like a traitor to her own child. It makes her look like one of those lunitic women who marry convicted serial killers. Why Maria, why??! blink.gif Sharon is supposed to be this generations version of Nikki or at least a heroine of some sort.

I think the soap writers of today need to learn to live with what they have written, instead of trying to have it all. If you want to hook up two characters, you can't make one so evil that even his fans are repulsed by his actions. Once you have him kill one baby and let a mother who has already lost a two daughters think another one is dead, the romantic possibilities are over. Dead forever and ever. So maybe THINK before you have someone do really evil things. Because you really cannot have it both ways, even if you think you can. It will not work long term. Ask Ron how his little rapemance went over on OLTL, if you don't believe me. The majority of soap fans will not swallow whatever sh!t you decide to serve up just because the actors have chemistry.

• Members

I agree, planning things out would be ideal, but I didn't even ask for that. I accept those days are behind us. Now all I ask is that once they do something like have a character steal another's child and let her think said child is dead, that this action precludes any future romantic coupling.

Hogan: I know, let's hook up Adam and Sharon again!!

Maria: Great idea!! Those two have insane chem...Oh wait. Oops! We had Adam steal Sharon's kid and let her think she was dead for months, while he continued to bang her and declare his love. Damn it!! What was I thinking. Oh well, I F*cked up, but what's done is done. Sharon would never forgive that. Hell, no woman with an ounce of sanity would. The audience will never buy it.

Hogan: Adam and Ashley would drive Victor crazy and that cougar thing is in fashion. I know it's crazy that anyone would want to have sex with a woman over 40, but it seems to be all the rage these days!

Maria: Great idea! Let's jump on the cougar bandwa...oh, wait. Didn't Adam cause Ashley to fall down the stairs and lose her baby when he was trying to drive her nuts last year, even though she was his only friend? (Pauses to call an intern to double check the history) Damn it, yes, that is what happened. What was I thinking? Oh well, I f*cked up, but what's done is done and cannot be undone. Ashley, like most of the females in GC has had her issues with mental health, but no woman with an ounce of sanity would forgive that. The audience will never buy it.

• Members

I like Adam and Sharon too. The actors have great chemistry and they look good together. It helps that they have a lot of buzz surrounding them. Storyline wise, Sharon should want nothing to do with him however it's a soap so I'm willing to suspend belief. My problem with them right now is that they keep having the same conversation and it's redundant. Kick it up a notch to keep things interesting. I don't know if MAB know what she's doing with them or if she's really going to reunite Shick with the upcoming spoilers however Shick needs a permanent break. I'm tired with the merry go round with these two.

• Members

And TPTB could move JT away from Mackenzie to Heather.

But again all it makes too much sense for Maria & her floating band of chipmunk heads to do anything interesting with.

They'll just

& throw Sharon under the bus (with a little psycho Skye for good measure) to redeem Adam.

Exactly!

Ashley & Sharon can be civil to Adam (eventually) but should NEVER trust him again.

Unfortunately on a show run by Hogan & Rauch they will be competing to see who will bear Adam's miracle spawn by next sweeps.

Totally.

That exact thing is killing Y&R.

They are so busy pushing their agendas they will destroy everything (including the show as a whole) to make unworkable things work.

Y&R has written every major character into corners so horrible they just need to cancel the entire show.

Archived