Y&R Discussion for the week of 9/27

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Oh, i'm totally sure he was referring to Taylor. I also have enjoyed the last couple of days. Eileen was ROCKING the pain and emotional subtext today, with so many people in the cast phoning things in lately... she always is on her A game. I can't decide if Morrow's performances are due do him not really TRYING, or he's consciously playing this character as a dolt that is just led around by his penis all the time. I had changed my opinion of him after Cassie's deathbed scene, but it's looking more and more like it was his one moment of greatness, and he'll never duplicate it. NuNoah... I suppose acting wise, he's fine... but I can't get past the HAIR, it's so horrible, it's tainting everything he does. And could someone please tell Heinle to stop the nervous fidgeting and bizarre attitude of the hands and arms? Day after day she's looking like some junkie tweaking out at a rave or something, even her hair STILL looks like she just came out of the bathroom while someone was holding her hair back while she was upchucking. The SL of her and Abby going after Grambo is delicious, and for ONCE well written... I just wish Amelia would suck it up and not ruin the one good thing this show has going for it at this point (that and Nikki's drunken hjinks). Laura Stone is a FABULOUS presence on the screen, whoever said she should have been cast as Heather is right on the money. I'm glad Muhney has finally dialed his stuff down, and has seemed to have really gotten the role right. and i'm also thankful he gained weight, he looks FAR more attractive, and younger, now that his face is not so gaunt.

• Members

I'm stunned that we've had such a good week. i'm just watiting for it all to go down the crapper. Nikki/Deacon today = GOLD. But the show DID end on a bit of a sour note with giggly Heffa and Aunt Jack boinking on the STAIRS. I hope they both knock their backs out! Sean Young has hit her stride, and is good now. It was obvious she was VERY rusty and needed some time get back on the horse. This Kathleen Turner/ Serial Mom persona she has now is creepy yet entertaining. She's making good acting choices.

• Members

Yeah if there is anything worth redeemable on the show at the moment its to my surprise the Nikki/Deacon scenes. Actually I'm wondering who's behind this whole Nikki is drinking again story because its actually working quite well despite the mostly ridiculous premise of Nikki not knowing her drinks are spiked. I'm starting to like Sean Young's little psycho Meggie. I'm probably one of the few who enjoyed her in that campy flick Dr. Jekyll and Ms. Hyde with the guy from the show Wings but that's what this is starting to remind me of. I recall Young was suppose to get her own MyNetworkTV telenovela until the Fox pulled the plug on those, would have been interesting to have seen her in one.

• Members

That line didn't make a ton of sense to me. If anything is weird it's the way those two play musical spouses with Jack and Nick. It's nearing the point of being completely disgusting. Maybe they should just all move into the Abbott mansion and do what comes naturally, although if today was any indication Sharon will need Adam to move into the pool house to complete the picture. Maybe Deacon can be his roommate, since we wouldn't want Phyllis to think things are unfair. Oh wait, then Nick will want The Bug to move in and Jack will want Skye and

ph34r.gif

• Members

It made sense to the viewers considering Phyllis recently had sex with Deacon on top of a trash dumpster. I dont know if Sharon knows about that, but I thought that was a pretty hilarious line calling them trash given the circumstances

• Members

I think you hit the nail on the head with Terry being a sensual actor. Alot of times with an actor, it's not what you say, it's what you don't say that makes it work, a guesture, a look, the way you carry yourself when you walk, the way you handle a prop, etc. Peter Bergman does look good, but there is not sensuality about him, he look like he belongs behind and anchor desk reading the day's headlines. It reminds me of that episode of Mary Tyler Moore when Phyllis mentions that Mary go out with Ted because he's so good looking, and she says.. "Yeah, but he's good looking in that good looking way... he always looks like he's posing for a postage stamp."

Archived